After releasing the multiplayer tower defense game Coregrounds in 2018, lead dev Mario “ehmprah” Kaiser went solo with a single-player spinoff which reinvents the tower defense genre yet again! CORE DEFENSE launches on January 16 on Itch.io and fuses tower defense with the best of roguelike and deckbuilding games into a simple, yet enticing and addictive formula – that will have players blissfully despair at its difficulty.
“̵I̴ ̵w̷a̸n̷t̵e̴d̴ ̴t̵o̵ ̵m̸a̴k̷e̴ ̴a̷ ̶g̶a̴m̵e̶ ̷w̶h̷i̸c̵h̶ ̵g̶e̷t̴s̴ ̶y̵o̸u̷ ̸h̸o̸o̷k̵e̵d̸ ̶e̶a̶s̸i̷l̴y̵ ̶b̵u̷t̸ ̸w̸i̵l̴l̸ ̸t̶a̴k̷e̵ ̴h̶u̶n̸d̶r̵e̴d̵s̸ ̷o̷f̵ ̸h̸o̸u̸r̴s̴ ̴t̸o̵ ̶m̵a̶s̴t̸e̴r̵ ̸a̸n̵d̵ ̸f̷i̵n̵a̵l̸l̷y̸ ̶b̶e̶a̸t̶ ̷o̶n̴ ̵t̴h̷e̶ ̵h̸i̸g̵h̶e̵s̵t̵ ̵d̶i̴f̸f̸i̵c̷u̸l̵t̴y̵”̶ ̶–̶ ̴M̵a̵r̵i̷o̷ ̶”̶e̶h̶m̷p̶r̷a̸h̸”̵ ̶K̵a̴i̴s̵e̸r̶
After a public alpha during which the game was perfected in cooperation with the community, CORE DEFENSE will enter First Access on itch.io on January 16 before being released on Steam, the Play Store and the App Store later this year.
CORE DEFENSE key features:
- Defeat fifty waves without losing your core.
- Choose one out of several randomly rolled rewards after each wave.
- Build a winning combination of walls, towers, abilities, upgrades and modules.
- Enjoy infinite replayability through permadeath, randomized waves and rewards.
- Play in short sessions of about an hour or binge for hours on end.
- Beat a high base difficulty and many additional difficulty levels.
- Unlock dozens of quirky achievements.