Strategy publisher Kalypso Media and developers Yippee! Entertainment and Torus Games are set to launch the full versions of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster this Friday, 24 January 2020. To mark the occasion, a new batch of screenshots has been released today. Updated press kits are also now available.
T̵h̷e̶ ̴c̴o̴n̴s̴o̴l̵e̵ ̸v̸e̵r̵s̴i̶o̴n̴s̴ ̷o̴f̴ ̷C̴o̸m̵m̵a̵n̸d̵o̸s̵ ̵2̸ ̷–̸ ̴H̵D̶ ̵R̸e̴m̸a̶s̶t̶e̷r̷ ̴a̸n̵d̶ ̶P̵r̶a̸e̵t̵o̷r̶i̸a̸n̷s̴ ̶–̷ ̵H̶D̸ ̶R̶e̵m̴a̶s̶t̵e̵r̸ ̸a̴r̶e̶ ̶s̸e̵t̷ ̵t̵o̴ ̸l̵a̵u̵n̸c̸h̶ ̷i̸n̴ ̶S̵p̴r̸i̴n̴g̶ ̵2̷0̸2̷0̵.̵
In Commandos 2 – HD Remaster, take control of an elite group of Allied commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of notoriously demanding missions. In this World War II genre-defining classic, explore interactive environments and use your commandos’ unique skill sets to complete your mission against seemingly impossible odds.
- Experience every tutorial and campaign mission from the original game revamped in high definition with full controller support.
- Reunite with an eclectic cast of characters, including Jack ‘Tiny’ O’Hara and Whiskey the dog.
In Praetorians – HD Remaster, relive the celebrated real-time strategy classic in high definition. Set amidst the political machinations of an emerging Roman Empire, prove your worth on the battlefields of Egypt, the combat theaters of Gaul and finally the heart of the Empire itself in Italy, in the crusade to become Emperor. Your quest will not be an easy one, as the Empire is heavily defended by thousands of different troop types and war machines, all with special skills and individual strengths. To emerge victorious, you’ll need to learn to combine your units and exploit the weaknesses of your enemies. But beware – the closer you get to the Emperor, the closer you get to facing the Praetorian Guard – the most powerful and deadly fighting force in the Empire!
- Learn the ropes or show your militant might with remastered tutorials, campaign and skirmish missions from the original game.
- Play solo or go head-to-head with a fully integrated multiplayer mode.
- Choose from three armies, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses: Gauls, Egyptians and the Roman Legions.
- Over 20 campaign missions set in the ancient combat theatres of Egypt, Gaul and Italy.
- Characters and unit types with unique abilities and formations.
- Varying terrain to help strategically plan your battles.
- Fast-paced real-time combat.