French developer Flying Oak Games, composer Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell) and publisher Dear Villagers are proud to announce that the highly anticipated fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer is launching today into early access for PC on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass for PC.
ScourgeBringer will see a full launch launch on PC and consoles later this year.
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
T̴h̷e̶ ̵c̸u̷r̷r̶e̴n̴t̴ ̷E̸a̴r̸l̴y̵ ̶A̴c̷c̷e̵s̶s̸ ̶v̴e̵r̷s̵i̵o̸n̸ ̸w̴i̶l̸l̸ ̶o̷f̷f̸e̸r̸ ̸a̵l̴l̷ ̷c̷o̷r̵e̴ ̵g̸a̸m̵e̸ ̸m̵e̵c̴h̴a̷n̴i̶c̸s̵ ̶a̵n̶d̴ ̶r̷o̵u̴g̷h̴l̸y̸ ̶h̶a̴l̵f̶ ̴t̶h̸e̶ ̷c̸o̷n̷t̶e̷n̸t̶ ̶o̶f̴ ̸t̴h̷e̷ ̵f̵i̵n̷a̵l̵ ̸g̵a̴m̴e̸.̴ ̷F̷u̶r̸t̷h̴e̷r̸ ̴g̵a̸m̷e̴ ̶w̴o̴r̴l̵d̶s̸,̴ ̶w̶e̷a̷p̷o̷n̵s̶,̸ ̵b̸o̶s̴s̶e̵s̸,̸ ̴s̶k̸i̴l̵l̵s̸ ̷a̶n̸d̷ ̸q̵u̴a̷l̶i̶t̷y̵ ̵o̷f̴ ̵l̸i̵f̷e̷ ̵i̵m̶p̶r̷o̸v̷e̷m̴e̷n̵t̶s̶ ̷w̷i̷l̴l̴ ̵b̶e̴ ̶a̵d̶d̵e̵d̷ ̵o̷v̸e̸r̵ ̸t̴h̸e̸ ̵c̸o̷m̷i̷n̴g̷ ̷m̸o̷n̵t̶h̵s̶.̶
- Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay described by Eurogamer as “Dead Cells meets Celeste”.
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls.
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only.
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…).
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge.
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon.
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets.