Renowned Swedish experimental game developer Nicklas “Nifflas” Nygren (Affordable Space Adventures, Uurnog, Knytt) and Triple Topping (Welcome to Elk, Spitkiss) today announced Ynglet, a meditative side-scrolling swimming game with hand-drawn visuals and a soundtrack that is created through gameplay.
In Ynglet, players swim, launch and bounce through a meditative floating platformer. A reactive soundscape creates the soundtrack to your exploration through the playful puzzles of Ynglet’s hand-drawn levels.
“̷I̴ ̴d̴e̶s̷i̸g̴n̴e̶d̶ ̷Y̸n̵g̴l̵e̵t̵ ̶t̵o̵ ̷b̴e̶ ̶a̸ ̷g̷a̶m̴e̵ ̶b̴o̶t̶h̶ ̴f̸o̴r̷ ̷p̶e̷o̷p̸l̶e̷ ̸l̴o̵o̷k̸i̶n̸g̸ ̷f̴o̷r̸ ̷a̶ ̷r̸e̵l̵a̷x̸e̵d̶ ̶e̵x̸p̵e̷r̵i̸e̴n̴c̶e̵ ̵a̵n̵d̶ ̸p̸l̸a̷y̴e̸r̷s̷ ̸e̵n̷j̴o̸y̵i̴n̵g̵ ̶a̵ ̶h̴a̴r̷d̸c̴o̸r̶e̷ ̴p̶l̴a̴t̴f̴o̴r̶m̶e̴r̵”̴ ̵s̵a̵i̶d̵ ̴N̶i̵f̸f̶l̶a̵s̷,̴ ̷d̵e̷v̸e̷l̸o̸p̶e̸r̶ ̴o̷f̵ ̵Y̵n̷g̷l̸e̶t̶.̷ ̸“̶I̷ ̴h̴a̵v̷e̵ ̸m̸a̸d̸e̷ ̵a̵ ̴l̵o̷t̴ ̴o̴f̶ ̶o̴t̷h̵e̵r̷ ̷g̵a̶m̶e̷s̴ ̵b̶e̵f̶o̴r̸e̷ ̷l̵i̴k̷e̷ ̷K̶n̸y̷t̶,̵ ̷U̶u̶r̴n̷o̸g̶ ̵a̴n̸d̵ ̴A̷f̶f̵o̸r̵d̷a̵b̵l̶e̷ ̶S̶p̸a̴c̵e̸ ̴A̷d̵v̶e̶n̸t̷u̷r̴e̴s̸ ̴b̴u̸t̶ ̸I̴ ̵r̴e̵a̴l̶l̶y̴ ̴h̷o̶p̷e̸ ̴y̵o̷u̵ ̷w̵i̴l̷l̶ ̴l̴i̵k̵e̵ ̷t̵h̷i̶s̴ ̴g̴a̵m̵e̵ ̸t̸o̶o̶!̶”̶
- Absolutely no platforms (which is really unusual for a platformer)!
- Jump between bubbles that float in the sky like you’re a space dolphin!
- Dash into walls that reflect you. It feels really good and looks awesome!
- Did we mention there are no platforms?
- A highly reactive and dynamic soundtrack thanks to Ynglet’s custom and needlessly complicated music software.
- Lots of unusual creatures doing their own thing, making the world feel alive.