Developer Mipumi Games today announced The Flower Collectors, a detective mystery set in the political powder-keg of Barcelona in 1977 for PC. The Flower Collectors will be Mipumi’s second major release following its acclaimed debut, 2016’s The Lion’s Song.
In The Flower Collectors, players will take on the role of Jorge, a retired policeman in a wheelchair with a difficult past. Alone on his balcony, Jorge watches the world pass by through his binoculars. One stormy night, Jorge witnesses a murder. Determined to discover the truth, he must form an unlikely alliance with young ambitious journalist Melinda who becomes his eyes and ears.
From the vantage point of Jorge’s balcony, with camera and transmitter in hand, Jorge attempts to solve a complex mystery by peeking beyond the curtain of unsuspecting neighbors.
I̴n̵s̴p̴i̶r̷e̸d̸ ̶b̶y̵ ̸c̸l̷a̶s̶s̶i̷c̴ ̵c̷r̸i̶m̸e̸ ̸n̵o̴i̸r̷ ̴f̷i̸l̶m̸s̸ ̷a̵n̴d̶ ̸g̶a̵m̶e̸s̵ ̸l̶i̴k̵e̵ ̸F̴i̷r̷e̵w̴a̴t̸c̵h̶,̶ ̸T̴h̸e̶ ̵F̷l̶o̵w̵e̸r̶ ̶C̷o̶l̵l̶e̷c̴t̶o̷r̸s̵ ̶i̶s̸ ̸a̶ ̷d̵e̶t̷e̷c̵t̵i̴v̴e̸ ̴s̴t̸o̴r̷y̵ ̸w̴i̷t̵h̶ ̵a̶ ̶w̸h̸o̴l̶e̸ ̵l̴o̵t̴ ̸o̶f̸ ̵h̸e̵a̶r̶t̶.̵
- Solve a captivating murder mystery with an unusual storyline.
- Meet a host of colourful anthropomorphic characters in a lush, atmospheric world.
- Investigate using your binoculars, camera and transmitter to uncover neighborhood secrets from your balcony.
- Create a crime chronology to figure out whodunnit.
- Interrogate priests, beggars, club singers and nosy old ladies alike.
- Dive into the unique setting of post-Franco Barcelona in the 70ies.
- Emphasizes characters, world building and narrative over skill challenges.