Prepare to hit the mean streets of East Fulton! Nuchallenger announces that its highly-anticipated tactical street brawler Treachery in Beatdown City will release its first episode on PC and the Nintendo Switch on March 31th. Players will battle it out over five dense urban maps spanning the diverse sites and off-beat people of East Fulton in their quest to rescue kidnapped President Blake Orama. Featuring music from Chiptunes legend Inverse Phase and a innovative tactical battle system that allows players to strategically create and execute customized combos, Treachery in Beatdown City provides a unique mashup of strategic combat, comedic modern day political satire and classic 80s arcade goodness.
W̶h̶e̵n̷ ̶U̵S̶ ̸P̷r̵e̸s̸i̵d̵e̷n̸t̵ ̷B̷l̵a̸k̷e̴ ̷O̵r̸a̵m̶a̸ ̵i̵s̷ ̴k̶i̷d̷n̴a̶p̶p̸e̶d̷ ̷b̴y̴ ̵N̵i̷n̴j̶a̷ ̶D̷r̷a̶g̷o̷n̷ ̵T̶e̷r̵r̴o̷r̸i̵s̸t̷s̸,̸ ̴i̸t̸’̵s̵ ̶u̶p̶ ̵t̵o̶ ̶t̷h̸r̷e̷e̴ ̸s̵t̶r̵e̴e̴t̸ ̵w̵a̶r̵r̶i̶o̷r̷s̶,̴ ̵p̴o̶l̵i̸c̴e̷ ̴c̸a̴d̸e̶t̷ ̸L̷i̶s̴a̵ ̷S̵a̶n̷t̸i̸a̷g̵o̸,̷ ̴r̸e̶t̶i̵r̷e̸d̷ ̵p̵r̶o̶-̶w̷r̷e̴s̶t̸l̶e̶r̵ ̷B̶r̶a̸d̵ ̸S̴t̸e̸e̶l̴e̸ ̸a̶n̶d̵ ̸m̷a̷r̶t̶i̸a̷l̸ ̴a̴r̵t̸s̵ ̸m̴a̷s̷t̴e̷r̸ ̵B̸r̸u̸c̶e̴ ̷M̷a̴x̴w̷e̷l̷l̵ ̶t̶o̴ ̷t̷a̷k̵e̸ ̶t̶o̴ ̵t̷h̷e̴ ̶s̸t̶r̷e̷e̷t̷s̶ ̵t̶o̶ ̵b̷a̴t̶t̵l̵e̴ ̷t̶h̵r̴o̷u̵g̵h̷ ̸t̵h̵e̸ ̶r̷i̶d̷i̷c̸u̸l̴o̸u̸s̵ ̵c̴h̶a̵o̸s̴ ̸(̷a̶n̸d̸ ̶a̵n̷n̴o̴y̷i̸n̴g̵ ̴u̸r̵b̷a̸n̴i̴t̴e̵s̸)̵ ̶o̶f̶ ̷E̸a̸s̸t̶ ̵F̷u̵l̵t̵o̴n̶ ̵t̸o̷ ̵u̴l̶t̸i̴m̵a̷t̸e̷l̴y̶ ̷s̸a̸v̶e̷ ̶t̵h̷e̸ ̸d̵a̷y̷.̴ ̸E̷a̷c̵h̸ ̸w̴a̸r̴r̴i̴o̶r̸ ̶h̸a̵s̵ ̵t̵h̸e̵i̸r̷ ̶o̶w̷n̷ ̶u̷n̷i̸q̸u̶e̸ ̵f̶i̸g̴h̸t̷i̶n̵g̵ ̸s̷t̴y̵l̸e̵ ̷w̶h̵i̴c̷h̸ ̸p̸l̵a̵y̵e̷r̸s̷ ̸w̶i̵l̶l̴ ̸f̷u̵r̷t̴h̷e̶r̷ ̴c̵u̶s̴t̸o̶m̴i̴z̵e̴ ̸w̷i̸t̶h̷ ̵a̸n̷ ̸a̶l̷l̸ ̶n̷e̴w̸ ̷b̵a̸t̸t̷l̴e̸ ̷s̶y̵s̶t̷e̷m̵ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶i̴n̴i̴n̷g̶ ̶t̸h̷e̵ ̷b̵e̶s̸t̸ ̷p̶a̴r̴t̸s̶ ̴o̸f̴ ̵b̷e̵a̵t̷ ̷‘̶e̴m̴ ̶u̵p̵s̸,̸ ̶f̴i̵g̸h̴t̶i̸n̷g̸ ̸g̷a̸m̷e̴s̵,̶ ̷t̵u̸r̴n̵ ̵b̷a̵s̴e̴d̴ ̶t̶a̶c̴t̴i̷c̶s̷ ̸a̶n̷d̴ ̶R̴P̸G̶S̷!̸
A list of features include:
- Switch between 3 fighters in between fights – Lisa Santiago, an MMA fighter and Boxer, Bruce Maxwell, a Jeet Kune Do/Capoeira specialist, and a Brad “The Bull Killer” Steele, a former professional wrestler.
- Choose from dozens of attacks to create long chains of strike combos, grapple combos, and strikeagrapple-ombos!
- Use a mix of real time and tactical COMBO MENU based attacks to tackle your foes!
- Fight over 40 class based enemies, each with a health based behavior system built to change up attacks and keep players on their toes!
- Music by Inverse Phase, creator of such albums as Pretty Eight Machine and the Chipping of Isaac.
- Take in the sites of East Holden with 5 unique maps that take you through a lovingly crafted city complete with rivers, Chinatown, and of course, City Hall.
- Learn about your heroes and enemies through comedic cutscenes filled with political satire, microaggressions (made famous in Get Out), and Ren and Stimpy inspired cutscene art.