MoaCube, the indie studio behind Cinders and Solstice, are excited to announce that their bite-sized tactical RPG Bonfire is going live on Steam today.
Bonfire is a procedurally generated, deeply tactical RPG with a rapid turn based battle system and heroes who care a little too much. A game of plans that go sideways, crazy builds that somehow work, quick gameplay sessions, and a delightfully gloomy story that binds it all together.
H̵i̴l̷d̴i̶e̶’̴s̵ ̵w̷o̶r̶l̵d̴ ̶h̷a̵s̶ ̴c̸o̴l̵l̶a̶p̵s̷e̵d̵.̴ ̵S̵h̸e̵ ̸a̸n̸d̷ ̴h̷e̶r̶ ̷g̵r̸o̶u̵p̵ ̵o̴f̶ ̶h̵e̵r̵o̸i̴c̶ ̴m̵i̸s̷f̶i̵t̵s̷ ̵j̷o̴u̵r̸n̷e̵y̸ ̸t̴h̸r̵o̴u̷g̸h̴ ̵a̴ ̶d̵e̴s̵o̴l̴a̶t̷e̶ ̷w̶o̴r̴l̴d̷ ̷t̵h̴a̵t̷’̷s̷ ̶w̸e̷l̶l̷ ̵p̷a̸s̶t̶ ̵s̵a̵v̸i̴n̵g̸.̵ ̵H̶e̸r̴ ̸q̸u̷e̴s̵t̸ ̵t̷o̷ ̶d̶e̸s̷t̶r̵o̸y̶ ̵t̴h̶e̴ ̸F̷a̷c̷e̵l̷e̴s̶s̵ ̴O̶v̶e̸r̷l̷o̵r̶d̶ ̵o̷f̶ ̵t̸h̷e̴ ̵M̶o̶u̵r̶n̸f̶o̴l̷k̴ ̸m̶a̵y̷ ̶b̶e̴ ̶h̸o̷p̴e̵l̸e̸s̶s̶,̵ ̴b̵u̸t̶ ̶s̷h̴e̷’̷s̵ ̴k̶i̵n̸d̷a̶ ̶i̴n̸t̶o̵ ̶l̸o̸s̷t̶ ̸c̶a̶u̷s̴e̷s̴.̸
Bonfire‘s design is all about distilling classic jRPG combat into its key strategic components, so that each battle is a puzzle to solve. It’s quick, it’s punchy, and it’s deeply tactical. The story is heavily character-driven and focused on the dynamic between fantasy heroes traveling through a world they already failed to save.
- Rapid and clickety-click RPG with deep tactics emerging from simple rules.
- A delightfully gloomy story about journey and failure told within a procedural structure.
- Short, intense gameplay sessions of the “just one more…” variety.
- More than enough room for going total nerd about builds, tactics, etc.
- Showers of blood and golden coins!