1C Entertainment and developer Resistance Games have today announced, Company of Crime, a tactical turn-based criminal empire-builder strategy game that takes place in 1960s London. Players will have a choice to become a leader of a cruel gang and build a company that will rule the criminal underworld, or play as the chief inspector of Scotland Yard’s famous Flying Squad, and tear down the criminal gangs piece by piece. Company of Crime is set to launch this summer on PC via Steam and other digital stores.
Company of Crime is a hybrid of empire builder and tactical strategy game that features a turn-based combat system with a heavy focus on melee. You can either play as the Criminal side or as the Police, where in each case you will have to build a team that consists of gang members possessing the different skills required to pull off criminal tasks, or detectives that have mastered the art of investigation.
The game takes place in London, the cultural capital of the world and home to a plethora of subcultures and businesses, during the vivid decade of 1960s, featuring beatniks, mods, lemonheads, rockers and every other cultural identity of that time. As you progress in the game, you will visit pubs, clubs, vets, tailors, harbours and many other locations around London as you expand your influence over the city.
T̸h̶e̴ ̴b̴i̸g̸ ̵q̴u̷e̸s̶t̸i̴o̵n̴ ̶i̵s̷ ̵u̴l̵t̸i̴m̶a̶t̵e̴l̶y̸ ̴t̷h̸i̶s̸:̷ ̵W̵i̸l̴l̷ ̸y̶o̶u̷ ̶b̸e̴c̸o̷m̵e̸ ̶a̵ ̵l̶e̶a̶d̷e̶r̸ ̸o̴f̸ ̶a̸ ̷r̴u̵t̴h̵l̶e̸s̷s̷ ̴g̸a̷n̵g̶ ̸a̴n̷d̶ ̷b̸u̵i̵l̴d̷ ̴a̴n̷ ̵i̸n̴f̵l̵u̶e̴n̴t̸i̷a̷l̷ ̵c̵r̵i̸m̴i̸n̸a̴l̵ ̷e̷m̵p̵i̶r̸e̶,̴ ̴o̴r̴ ̷h̶e̶a̸d̴ ̶u̴p̶ ̴a̸n̸ ̵e̴l̵i̷t̶e̸ ̴S̴c̴o̵t̵l̵a̸n̵d̸ ̶Y̶a̴r̶d̷ ̷t̴a̶s̵k̴ ̸f̶o̷r̷c̷e̴ ̶a̴n̴d̷ ̴c̴r̴a̷c̶k̸ ̶d̵o̸w̶n̴ ̷o̴n̷ ̸t̴h̸e̷ ̸r̸i̴s̸i̵n̴g̸ ̶t̵i̵d̸e̵ ̶o̷f̵ ̸c̶o̷r̸r̴u̸p̸t̸i̸o̴n̵?̴
- Tactical turn-based melee combat – With a focus on melee combat and tight spaces, Company of Crime sets itself apart from other tactical turn-based strategy games.
- Heat mechanics – When doing your dirty business, you’d be wise to silently extort your way through the underworld.
- Level progression – This is more than just cops and robbers. Whatever the mission is, there is level progression beyond just hit points and stamina.
- Building legit business with criminal means – Progression of the game takes place as you… ahem… “convince” people to sell their businesses and homes to you at a bargain price, or at least turn a blind eye to what you do in their back room.
- Not just your own story – This is a story of 1960s London with beatniks, mods, lemonheads, rockers and every other cultural identity of the time.
- Reactive Police – Shady business takes place in obscurity, so police gameplay is more reactive. You get the call only when violence takes place, but that’s not the best way to find evidence against the criminal families.