Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games are thrilled to reveal that Deep Rock Galactic digs its way out of Early Access today as it goes 1.0 on Steam, Xbox One, and the Microsoft Store. Deep Rock Galactic’s burly dwarf miners first began excavating Hoxxes VI in 2016 when the game launched in Early Access, and today marks a momentous celebration for the Deep Rock Galactic community as it hits full commercial launch. Selling over a million units to date, and boasting a Discord community with over 100,000 members, Deep Rock Galactic has proven a huge Early Access success story.
Since the Early Access launch, Deep Rock Galactic has been updated with tons of new features and content, such as enemies, weapons, missions, perks, assignments, deep dives, through to vanity items, beard physics, dwarven shouts, and a multitude of beers in the Abyss Bar. Deep Rock Galactic will launch with two cosmetic DLC packs, Dark Future and Megacorp including new sets of armour, weapon skins, as well as the official Deep Rock Galactic soundtrack, expanded with 50 new minutes of space-dwarf synth anthems.
Ghost Ship also ran a community competition inviting the community to make their own launch trailers for the game. New fan trailers have been shown each day on the Deep Rock social channels concluding with the amazing winning submission from Doomer.
“We honestly believe that since the Early Access launch we’ve managed to build one of the best gaming communities in the galaxy. We’ve developed Deep Rock Galactic alongside them and today we’re absolutely thrilled to throw back some beers in the Abyss Bar and celebrate the 1.0 launch,” said Mikkel Martin Pedersen, Game Director & Co-founder, Ghost Ship Games. “1.0 is a new beginning for Deep Rock Galactic. Whilst we’re thrilled with the game today, we still have huge plans to continue expanding and improving. Our focus has always been co-op first, in terms of gameplay and open development alongside our community, and we’ll be releasing an updated roadmap soon.”
“̵D̵e̵e̷p̴ ̷R̷o̵c̷k̸ ̸G̸a̶l̶a̵c̷t̵i̶c̵ ̴i̷s̵ ̶o̸u̵r̴ ̵f̶i̶r̶s̸t̷ ̴v̴e̶n̴t̴u̵r̴e̶ ̴i̷n̷t̷o̸ ̸E̶a̷r̵l̷y̷ ̷A̷c̸c̵e̶s̵s̶ ̷a̴n̶d̸ ̵w̸e̸’̸v̵e̸ ̸b̷e̴e̵n̷ ̴v̵e̷r̷y̸ ̷l̶u̴c̸k̵y̶ ̸w̶o̸r̴k̸i̴n̴g̶ ̴w̴i̶t̶h̸ ̶G̸h̴o̸s̶t̸ ̷S̷h̸i̴p̸ ̸a̵s̷ ̴o̸u̷r̶ ̷p̷a̵r̴t̴n̴e̷r̸.̶”̵ ̶s̶a̴i̷d̷ ̸A̷n̷t̸o̸n̴ ̵W̵e̸s̶t̵b̵e̸r̵g̷h̵,̵ ̷C̴E̷O̴ ̵&̸ ̷C̵o̶-̵F̷o̷u̶n̸d̶e̶r̷ ̷o̷f̸ ̵C̵o̵f̷f̴e̶e̶ ̴S̸t̶a̸i̸n̶.̴ ̷“̴G̴h̵o̴s̶t̴ ̷S̵h̵i̷p̸ ̸h̴a̵s̶ ̷h̴a̴n̴d̶l̵e̶d̷ ̴t̵h̶e̷ ̷d̵e̶v̶e̶l̵o̴p̶m̵e̴n̵t̶ ̵a̶n̴d̵ ̶c̸o̶m̶m̶u̷n̴i̶t̶y̴ ̸b̸r̷i̸l̶l̵i̷a̶n̶t̴l̶y̷,̷ ̶a̸n̷d̷ ̴i̷s̸ ̸a̶ ̵g̷r̶e̷a̶t̶ ̷e̸x̵a̷m̶p̶l̸e̵ ̷o̵f̵ ̶t̸h̸e̶ ̶t̵y̸p̴e̵ ̴o̷f̴ ̶s̸t̵u̷d̸i̸o̵ ̴w̴e̵ ̶l̶i̴k̴e̴ ̵t̷o̴ ̵w̶o̶r̸k̴ ̴w̷i̵t̴h̵.̸ ̵A̸ ̷w̴e̷l̴l̴-̸o̸i̸l̶e̸d̷ ̶t̸e̶a̶m̷ ̶w̶i̶t̴h̴ ̸a̸ ̷u̸n̴i̴q̴u̷e̶ ̶i̷d̸e̵a̸ ̷a̴n̷d̵ ̶a̵p̸p̸r̵o̸a̴c̸h̷ ̴t̸o̵ ̸d̸e̷v̷e̸l̶o̸p̵m̴e̷n̵t̵.̵ ̷T̸h̵e̷ ̵p̷a̸s̴s̷i̵o̷n̴ ̶i̷n̶ ̴t̶h̵e̷ ̶c̷o̸m̸m̷u̸n̸i̶t̶y̷ ̵t̸h̴a̷t̵ ̷t̴h̴e̴y̶ ̴h̵a̷v̷e̷ ̴e̶s̶t̵a̶b̸l̵i̵s̴h̶e̸d̴ ̴i̵s̸ ̵u̵n̴l̷i̷k̴e̶ ̷a̸n̶y̴t̴h̷i̴n̸g̵ ̶w̴e̸’̴v̵e̴ ̸s̵e̷e̵n̶ ̶b̷e̶f̴o̷r̵e̵,̵ ̸a̶n̶d̵ ̷w̶e̸’̵r̴e̶ ̷v̵e̷r̸y̵ ̸e̶x̴c̷i̵t̴e̶d̷ ̸f̴o̵r̶ ̶t̷h̸e̴ ̷f̶u̶t̵u̴r̵e̸ ̷o̴f̴ ̶t̶h̸e̴ ̷g̸a̵m̷e̶.̵”̵
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.