Poland-based indie development studio Eremite Games announced its second game in the making. Against the Storm is a roguelite city builder set in a fantasy world tormented by the everlasting rain. The game is set to release in 2021 on Steam.
Players will be tasked with settling the unknown wilds to discover and rebuild the ruins of a long-forgotten civilization. The settlement is inhabited by three races: beavers, lizards, and humans – each of them having diverse needs and unique proficiencies.
- Engage in city building core amped up with roguelite’s replayability.
- Harness three rain seasons which dictate constant shifts in your strategy.
- Manage a city inhabited by three races with different needs and skillsets.
- Discover and incorporate long-forgotten technologies that influence your playstyle.
- Build and grow a city that will endure harsh weather conditions.
̷‘̵B̶y̷ ̶i̷m̷p̷l̷e̸m̸e̶n̶t̷i̴n̴g̵ ̵r̵o̶g̵u̷e̶l̸i̵t̵e̴ ̵f̷e̴a̴t̶u̶r̵e̵s̷,̶ ̴w̶e̸ ̷w̷a̵n̷t̴ ̷t̴o̸ ̴o̴f̸f̴e̶r̵ ̵t̸h̸e̴ ̵c̶i̷t̴y̷ ̵b̵u̴i̵l̴d̵e̸r̸ ̶c̸o̵m̸m̴u̵n̴i̶t̷y̵ ̶a̴ ̵b̵r̴a̴n̵d̸ ̶n̸e̶w̶ ̶e̷x̶p̵e̶r̵i̸e̶n̶c̶e̴’̵,̷ ̵s̵a̶y̸s̴ ̷M̵i̸c̵h̵a̵ł̵ ̴O̶g̵ł̶o̴z̷i̸ń̷s̴k̵i̷,̴ ̴t̴h̷e̴ ̶f̷o̷u̵n̸d̷e̷r̵ ̵o̶f̴ ̵E̴r̴e̵m̶i̶t̶e̸ ̴G̴a̸m̸e̴s̸.̷ ̸‘̵M̵i̵x̶i̴n̶g̶ ̵t̵w̵o̶ ̷d̷i̷s̷t̴a̷n̸t̴ ̷g̴e̴n̴r̶e̷s̷ ̴i̸s̶ ̶c̷h̷a̶l̶l̴e̶n̸g̸i̸n̶g̷ ̷s̶o̶ ̸w̵e̸ ̵w̸a̷n̷t̷ ̵t̴o̴ ̶i̸n̶v̶o̵l̸v̵e̴ ̴t̶h̶e̷ ̸c̴o̸m̴m̸u̸n̶i̶t̴y̶ ̵i̶n̵ ̴t̶h̵e̴ ̴o̵p̶e̵n̵ ̶d̶e̸v̴e̸l̵o̵p̸m̶e̵n̶t̷ ̸p̷r̵o̵c̸e̸s̶s̸.̴’̸
Against the Storm is planned to release in 2021. Players can already visit the game’s Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1336490/Against_the_Storm/.