Cosmocat Games is excited to announce that their upcoming rogue-lite survival horror game TOXICANT will be featured in the upcoming Steam Game Festival, June 9 to 14. You’ll be able to check out a playable demo during the festival as well as participate in an AMA (ask me anything) on the Cosmocat Discord server.
TOXICANT (formerly Undermine) offers a sinister twist on the survival horror genre, featuring randomized levels and roguelike elements.
- Traverse a series of increasingly difficult randomized levels, upgrading your stats and gear along the way.
- Use items like compasses, maps, beacons, and the MonPro 2000 to aid you in navigating the depths of the mines.
- Collect miner’s notes and secret documents to learn the story of a conspiracy gone horribly wrong.
- Sample an assortment of nourishment and libations in your quest to survive: expired canned food, toxic mushrooms, rancid wine, and more!
- S̵a̵l̴v̶a̸g̴e̸ ̷o̵l̶d̵ ̴m̷i̸n̷i̶n̴g̴ ̴e̷q̴u̴i̵p̸m̴e̸n̶t̴ ̵a̴n̶d̷ ̶u̵s̸e̶ ̸i̶t̷ ̴a̴s̷ ̴a̷ ̵w̷e̷a̵p̷o̸n̶,̶ ̷o̷r̸ ̶a̷ ̵s̶h̴i̶e̴l̸d̸ ̴(̸C̷a̴n̴’̸t̶ ̷f̸i̷n̷d̵ ̸a̴n̷y̴?̸ ̴H̴o̵w̸ ̸a̴b̴o̷u̴t̴ ̷a̸ ̴b̵o̷a̴r̶d̵ ̶w̵i̸t̴h̵ ̶a̸ ̸n̶a̴i̸l̴ ̵i̵n̸ ̸i̸t̵!̶)̴