Today Tri-Heart Interactive are excited to announce that their action-packed multiplayer, The Otterman Empire, will be flying onto Steam, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One July 2nd, 2020 and is available to pre-order now. Players on Steam will be able to enjoy online multiplayer action with Steam Remote Play from July 2nd, with console compatibility coming soon.
The Otterman Empire offers a truly unique blend of campaign, collaboration and competition for one to four players, and with rapidly-switching objectives and multiple game modes – no two games are ever the same!
Select your otter, choose your jetpack, prepare your water gun, and then customize it all! Challenge your friends in explosive and frenzied two-minute rounds, each with randomly-generated objectives and supply drops to keep you on your toes. Team up or fly solo to stop the otterly evil, Tiko from destroying the entire empire. Jet-off across the galaxy and stop his deranged experiments from wreaking havoc in otterspace!
Proud to be a community-driven game, developers, Tri-Heart Interactive have worked closely with a thriving community from the outset. Their close work with players helped polish a well-rounded, family-friendly multiplayer with a nostalgic twist – affirming their vision that The Otterman Empire would feature intense split-screen action:
“Community development and the decision to include split-screen, local multiplayer came hand in hand. Our events, our community, and our development process has always encouraged interaction between players and we wanted to reflect this in our game,” said Tri-Heart Interactive Managing Director, Kieran Rogers. “Bringing back split-screen played a major part in that. We also grew up in a time that split-screen gaming was the only way to play games together, and we all have a fondness for the experiences we got from gaming at the time, we wanted to offer the same to a new generation of players.”
- Unique combination of competition and collaboration which delivers a range of challenges with unpredictable outcomes.
- Team up with up to four players in a chaotic, couch co-op campaign or test your friendship and go ‘t.o.e to t.o.e’ in our competitive, versus mode!
- Rapidly changing game modes, two- minute rounds and environmental hazards designed to create otter chaos.
- Eight dynamic local multiplayer modes including the fast-paced, Squiditch, explosive Detonator and sharp-shooting Target Practice.
- Eight lush and detailed planets including the huge volcanic base station, Fishmonger Base, the technological playground, Ottopolis and the beautiful overgrown temples of Lontra.
T̴h̷e̶ ̵O̸t̷t̸e̴r̶m̷a̴n̵ ̵E̴m̷p̴i̵r̶e̷ ̴i̶s̶ ̷a̵v̴a̴i̷l̶a̵b̵l̵e̵ ̵t̵o̷ ̵p̵r̴e̶-̵o̴r̶d̴e̶r̴ ̸n̷o̷w̵ ̶o̶n̷ ̵S̶t̸e̷a̶m̶,̴ ̸X̵b̸o̴x̴ ̴O̷n̴e̵ ̵a̴n̶d̵ ̷N̴i̶n̷t̷e̴n̶d̷o̷ ̸S̶w̸i̸t̴c̷h̸ ̴a̸n̴d̸ ̷w̴i̶l̸l̶ ̴b̸e̵ ̸l̷a̴u̴n̶c̴h̵i̴n̶g̷ ̷o̴n̶ ̸a̵l̵l̶ ̸p̴l̶a̷t̷f̵o̸r̵m̴s̴ ̵o̶n̵ ̸J̷u̷l̷y̷ ̸2̷n̶d̴,̶ ̴2̵0̷2̴0̶.̵