SALVAGE is a highly replayable and atmospheric first-person sci-fi survival horror game. Each play-through takes about 30 minutes to complete, but with dynamically generated environments and a variety of storylines and challenges, you will never have quite the same experience twice.
SALVAGE is influenced by and pays homage to some of the greatest stories from the sci-fi horror genre, including ALIEN and THE THING.
“I have approached the derelict vessel and secured the boarding umbilicus. No response to hails since initial contact six hours ago. No evidence of life aboard the vessel either. Confirmed atmosphere within the vessel is human-normal, so at least Life Support isn’t the problem. No trace of toxins either. Commencing sweep to establish salvage rights. Marking vessel entry in log as Zero Hour.”
— Salvage operation, J Conrad mission log, initial entry
You play as J Conrad, a salvage operator working commercial shadowspace lanes.
In SALVAGE, the environment and important item locations will be different each time you play. Even the story you experience and the threats you face can be different. You will never have quite the same experience twice.
Each story is designed to take around 30 minutes to complete—assuming you survive, that is.
- A mix of short survival-horror stories that will test your senses and your wits.
- The facility layout is randomly generated, and locations of important items and clues will be different each time you play.
- Interact with your environment—an important item might be buried under that innocuous pile of boxes.
- Noise mechanics—certain actions in the game generate noise, as do certain objects when they move (such as automatic doors).
- Combine certain items to enhance and improve them (such as replacing the batteries of a flashlight) or to create new items (like a Molotov cocktail).
S̶A̶L̸V̵A̷G̶E̶ ̸i̵s̴ ̵c̷u̴r̶r̵e̶n̴t̵l̴y̵ ̵e̵x̸p̴e̶c̷t̶e̵d̶ ̴t̶o̷ ̴l̴a̶u̶n̷c̵h̶ ̵o̷n̴ ̸S̸t̵e̸a̴m̶ ̷i̵n̴ ̶Q̵3̴ ̷2̶0̶2̵0̸!̷