Developer imaginarylab, a studio dedicated to raising the bar in interactive storytelling, and VLG, a forward-thinking Italian publisher committed to offering authentic narrative-driven entertainment, have announced that their upcoming point-and-click side-scrolling adventure game, Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town, will launch on August 11 for Steam and GOG. To celebrate the release, the game will have a 15% discount for a whole week.
Inspired by timeless classics like Day of the Tentacle and the Monkey Island series, the title will offer a modern take on the genre by having players collect clues and solve challenging puzzles in a computerized 3D pirate world.
Take a closer look at Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town Gameplay Trailer:
“Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town is an unapologetic tribute to the legendary point-and-click games that defined an entire generation of video game fans,” says Daniele Falcone, General Manager at VLG. “We can’t wait for people to relive their childhood through a fresh, modern lens and introduce a new group of kids to this endearing genre.”
As Willy sets out to discover the whereabouts of his missing father, the esteemed archaeologist Henry Morgan, he’ll unravel a web of secrets with the help of a whimsical cast of characters. Willy’s adventure may seem daunting at first, but humorous dialogue, freeform exploration and adorable cartoon graphics make this a quest that people of all ages can enjoy. Oldschool point-and-click fans are in for a treat, as the game references some of the genre’s most iconic titles through easter eggs and other subtle nods.
- Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve stimulating puzzles.
- Unique graphic style – A fantastical world with a magical atmosphere.
- Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see.
- A pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers? Why not?!
- 15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs.
- O̷r̴i̶g̷i̶n̸a̷l̶ ̸s̷o̵u̵n̴d̵t̷r̷a̸c̷k̵ ̶–̴ ̵M̴o̸r̴e̷ ̸t̶h̷a̷n̷ ̴t̸w̷o̸ ̵h̵o̴u̸r̵s̶ ̸o̴f̶ ̴o̴r̵i̴g̴i̴n̵a̷l̴ ̵m̶u̵s̶i̵c̶.̶
Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town releases August 11 on Steam and COG for $19.99. To celebrate the release, the game will launch with a 15% discount for a whole week. For more information, please visit the game’s Steam page.