Developer Montebearo and Goblinz Studio have today announced that their hand-drawn deckbuilder Banners of Ruin is out today on Steam early access.
Players will build a deck and fight a series of turn-based combats with up to 6 party characters through the city of Dawn’s Point. Each character can unlock a set of unique cards and abilities that can then augment the player’s deck in powerful and exciting ways.
It’s a deadly game of thrones for the Blackfoots, now a shadow of their former self, as they rise to oppose House Ender and the ruin that follows its path. Some will die along the way – but there will always be others to carry the torch of the Blackfoots! Just dust yourself off and try again!
Banners of Ruin has been designed for high replayability; each run awards tokens to unlock new cards and passives for all future runs, roguelike style.
- Build your deck by looting, buying and unlocking a myriad of cards.
- Build a party of up to 6 throughout your run, choosing from 6 races with unique card pools and passives.
- Fight an increasingly challenging array of enemies with exciting AI behaviours.
- Navigate the streets in a dynamic card-driven campaign.
- Make decisions: Reveal and engage in varying encounters, which can have positive and negative outcomes.
- S̴t̷u̶n̵n̶i̶n̷g̸ ̴h̵a̴n̶d̶-̶d̴r̶a̷w̶n̶ ̷v̷i̸s̵u̶a̶l̷s̷.̶
“We are big fans of deck builder games and wanted to add our own twist to the genre”, says Callum Tweedie-Walker – Developer & Environment Artist from Montebearo. “The setting and story is quite gritty and a little dark, but tempered slightly by our cast of anthropomorphic animal characters. Gameplay-wise we wanted to further emphasise this twist, which is why you can form your own party of 6 members, from Beavers and Bears to Wolves and Weasels. The abilities of the animal types combined with the card battle system makes for a deep gaming experience.”