Buka Entertainment and Ravenscourt announce the release of the beat ‘em up, action game 9 Monkeys of Shaolin. The game will be available on 16 October 2020 for PlayStation®4, Microsoft Xbox®, Nintendo Switch™ and PC both physically and digitally.
About 9 Monkeys of Shaolin:
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle”.
– Sun Tzu, The Art of War
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat ’em up genre in vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid, you had hours of fun playing beat ’em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from scene to scene.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- C̸o̸-̷o̸p̸ ̶p̸l̷a̴y̷:̶ ̷i̶n̷v̷i̷t̶e̵ ̵y̷o̶u̵r̸ ̸f̷r̶i̷e̸n̵d̵ ̶t̶o̵ ̵h̸e̷l̶p̷ ̵y̶o̶u̸ ̶f̶i̸g̵h̴t̸ ̷t̵h̵r̸o̸u̷g̷h̴ ̵g̷r̸o̸w̸i̵n̸g̸ ̷w̷a̸v̴e̷s̶ ̸o̵f̷ ̵e̷n̷e̴m̸i̵e̸s̴ ̵a̸n̴d̷ ̵c̴o̷m̷p̷l̵e̴t̸e̴ ̸t̶h̶e̴ ̷g̵a̷m̶e̸ ̶t̸o̸g̴e̵t̵h̸e̸r̶.̷