Immerse yourself in Train Sim World 2 with new routes, features and an upgraded engine. The advanced sequel is ready to drive on all platforms.
Drive high-speed inter-city German rail for the first time as you push the throttle and climb speeds in the famous DB ICE 3M with Köln – Aachen. Take on the challenge of hauling long freight across Sand Patch Grade for the first time on console using the raw power of locos like the CSX AC4400CW. Climb into the cab of the 1972 Mark II in the first route on the world-famous London Underground, master the patterns and stations of the Bakerloo Line.
Customise the way you play in Train Sim World 2 with brand-new creative tools. The Livery Designer allows you to create your own personal look for each of your locomotives, changing colours and using shapes to build unique liveries. The Scenario Planner gives you the ability to drive what you want, where you want. Select your path and create the service of your dreams, populating the route with the authentic stock to complete the experience. Or, go ‘Off The Rails’ and try something unusual – If you want to drive a German electric up an American mountain, you can!
Whatever you choose to drive, the newly upgraded proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine delivers the perfect rail simulation. Brand-new realistic adhesion physics changes the way you play as steep grades, weighted wagons and weather conditions all need to be accounted for to keep control of your locomotive and perfect your braking points. A newly re-designed immersion controller scheme and advanced user interface ensure you always keep your focus.
Founder and CEO of Dovetail Games Paul Jackson said: “Train Sim World 2 is the evolution of train simulation and I couldn’t be more proud of our team of incredible railfans who have made the dream of driving trains on a living breathing railway an authentic reality. We’ve got huge releases planned for the future; Train Sim World 2 is just the start.”
If you already own Train Sim World 2020, you’ll be able to bring your existing Add-On collection with you to Train Sim World 2. Preserved Collection ensures you can continue your hobby and play your content in Train Sim World 2. At launch Preserved Add-Ons include East Coastway, Hauptstrecke: Rhein Ruhr, Peninsula Corridor routes. As well as the Caltrain locos MP15DC Diesel Switcher and MP36PH-3C ‘Baby Bullet’.
Train Sim World 2 is out now and features:
• Perfectly Replicated Routes – Unique experiences await in Train Sim World 2. Feel the thrill of high-speed intercity German rail with Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen, take control of raw power as you move heavy freight across one of the steepest grades in the US with Sand Patch Grade, and master the complex hectic operations of the London Underground on the Bakerloo Line. All officially licensed.
• Immersive Gameplay – With Train Sim World 2 you’re in the cab and in control of these epic feats of engineering. Take advantage of a new HUD that provides clear information as you drive, a brand-new immersion controller scheme designed to simplify common functions and streamline interface – All of which allows you to focus on the task at hand.
• New Customisation Tools – Personalise your rail journey with new easy-to-use tools. The Livery Designer allows you to design custom liveries for Train Sim World 2 locomotives using shapes and layers to build your own style. The Scenario Planner, which also works with Preserved Collection, gives you the ability to create your own scenario. Customise locos and destinations, then jump in and get driving. Quick drive, your way.
• Realistic adhesion physics – An evolution of the SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine brings you a new level of realism with adhesion physics for the first time. Feel the slip of wheels in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep grades! This brings an engaging challenge to the routes as the train reacts to the environment and your control.
• P̸r̵e̷s̸e̴r̷v̷e̷d̶ ̵C̸o̷l̷l̶e̶c̴t̶i̷o̵n̴ ̵–̸ ̵Y̶o̸u̸r̷ ̵c̵o̵l̵l̸e̴c̶t̵i̶o̶n̸ ̷c̷o̵m̸e̷s̷ ̷w̸i̷t̴h̴ ̵y̴o̷u̸.̸ ̴P̸l̸a̷y̶ ̵y̸o̷u̵r̵ ̶T̸r̸a̶i̸n̷ ̷S̵i̴m̸ ̸W̴o̶r̴l̸d̷ ̷A̶d̴d̷-̶O̵n̷ ̵r̴o̸u̴t̶e̴s̶ ̴a̶n̷d̴ ̸l̶o̷c̴o̴s̸ ̷d̵i̶r̸e̷c̶t̵l̷y̷ ̴i̷n̷ ̷T̴r̶a̷i̴n̶ ̴S̶i̸m̷ ̴W̴o̷r̸l̷d̴ ̵2̸.̷ ̸T̶r̷a̵i̷n̷ ̵S̶i̴m̴ ̶W̸o̵r̵l̶d̸ ̴h̷a̴s̶ ̶a̶l̸w̶a̵y̴s̴ ̸b̶e̴e̸n̷ ̶a̷b̷o̶u̵t̵ ̴y̶o̶u̶r̴ ̸c̵o̷l̶l̷e̶c̶t̶i̶o̴n̴,̵ ̸y̴o̴u̸r̵ ̶c̶h̵o̴i̸c̶e̵ ̸o̴f̶ ̷A̴d̷d̶-̴O̸n̴s̵ ̵f̸r̸o̴m̵ ̸y̴o̴u̷r̸ ̵f̷a̴v̸o̴u̴r̴i̷t̴e̴ ̶r̶e̶g̷i̴o̶n̴,̵ ̵t̸i̶m̴e̷ ̴p̵e̸r̵i̵o̸d̸,̵ ̸d̵i̴e̴s̸e̵l̸,̶ ̵e̸l̵e̷c̵t̷r̶i̵c̷,̷ ̶p̷a̴s̷s̵e̴n̸g̷e̸r̵,̴ ̸f̴r̴e̶i̶g̴h̷t̷ ̸–̷ ̶y̵o̴u̵r̵ ̴w̷a̴y̴.̷ ̵T̴h̴e̸ ̴f̷i̸r̶s̶t̶ ̶P̴r̸e̶s̶e̵r̸v̴e̵d̷ ̶C̷o̷l̷l̸e̷c̴t̶i̸o̶n̴ ̸A̶d̸d̵-̵O̸n̸s̴ ̶w̸i̴l̶l̵ ̵b̵e̴ ̸a̴v̷a̴i̴l̵a̶b̵l̶e̵ ̷f̴r̴o̶m̵ ̷l̸a̷u̸n̵c̴h̵.̵