Australian indie developer Critical Games is excited to debut a brand new trailer today for 8-Bit Adventures 2, our story-driven Japanese-style RPG – exclusively on IGN’s Gamescom Studio live show!
8-Bit Adventures 2 is an attempt to make a brand new “classic” Japanese-style RPG. While plenty of retro throwbacks exist, our game is less about nostalgia and more about telling a story. The title has been in development for over 4 years, and the new trailer provides the most extensive look yet at the game’s characters, world, battle system, art style, monsters, narrative, scope, and variety of content!
With 8-Bit Adventures 2, our goal is to take everything players loved about NES, SNES, and PS1-era JRPGs, and recapture the heart, soul, and charm of that era – minus any frustration or inconvenience.
That means an earnest, engaging storyline; relatable, easy-to-love characters; strategic turn-based battles; deep party customisation; bizarre monsters; an unforgettable soundtrack; and a large, fantastical world, traversed by Airship, and filled with people full of personality – all brought to life by vibrant 8-Bit inspired visuals. While it may be a sequel, anyone can jump into this brand new JRPG adventure!
Coming soon to PC via Steam – but you can play the Demo today! https://store.steampowered.com/app/733110/8Bit_Adventures_2/
• A feel-good adventure filled with love, laughs, and drama, which deals with the dark stuff but always wants to leave you feeling uplifted over its 20+ hour playtime.
• A turn-based JRPG battle system with depth and strategy, inspired by games like Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, and Mother 3.
• Meet a loveable cast of 7 playable characters who form relationships, make mistakes, and struggle with their past, but still work to save the world and overcome their demons.
• Constant variety – everything from ancient ruins to a robot murder mystery – realised through charming pixel art which walks the line between authenticity and aesthetic.
• S̵a̴v̶e̷ ̸t̶h̸e̶ ̴w̸o̴r̵l̸d̶ ̶f̵r̸o̷m̷ ̵a̸ ̴v̵e̵n̵g̶e̵f̷u̷l̷ ̴G̸l̸i̵t̴c̷h̷!̷ ̸A̸ ̵m̴i̶s̴t̸r̷e̶a̶t̶e̵d̴ ̸c̴h̶i̷l̸d̴ ̷w̷i̵t̶h̷ ̵t̴e̵r̸r̸i̷f̶y̴i̴n̷g̵ ̴p̵o̸w̷e̵r̵s̶ ̷t̸h̸r̵e̷a̷t̶e̷n̸s̴ ̷t̶o̵ ̶r̵e̸s̵h̴a̴p̸e̶ ̴t̸h̴e̸ ̷w̶o̵r̴l̴d̸ ̴i̵n̸ ̷h̵i̶s̷ ̷o̵w̵n̷ ̶c̶h̸a̸o̴t̸i̶c̴ ̶i̶m̵a̵g̷e̷.̴ ̴A̵ ̷u̸n̶i̴q̵u̷e̵ ̵a̴n̸d̵ ̷p̸e̸r̵s̴i̵s̴t̶e̴n̶t̵ ̴f̸o̴e̵ ̸f̴r̴o̸m̷ ̴b̷e̸g̸i̵n̷n̷i̷n̷g̸ ̵t̷o̵ ̶e̵n̷d̵,̸ ̸t̶h̴e̴ ̸G̴l̵i̴t̴c̷h̴ ̴c̶h̵a̸n̷g̴e̸s̴ ̶a̶n̸d̶ ̶d̷e̴v̷e̴l̸o̶p̷s̵ ̶o̴v̴e̵r̶ ̷t̵h̴e̶ ̸c̵o̵u̶r̷s̸e̷ ̸o̴f̶ ̵t̷h̷e̸ ̴s̸t̷o̶r̵y̸ ̶l̷i̵k̶e̵ ̵a̸n̵y̶ ̷o̸t̵h̴e̴r̵ ̷c̴h̶a̷r̸a̴c̷t̸e̷r̴,̶ ̷g̵r̴a̷p̷p̸l̶i̸n̸g̵ ̶w̵i̵t̸h̸ ̵w̵h̵a̷t̶ ̶h̴e̴ ̵i̵s̴…̸a̸n̴d̷ ̸w̷h̵a̷t̴ ̵h̷e̶ ̴c̸o̷u̴l̸d̸ ̷b̸e̴.̵