90’s inspired platformer Kaze and the Wild Masks is a dedicated five-year project by Brazilian development studio PixelHive – a small team with a big love for retro games. Kaze and the Wild Masks embraces all the classic 90’s platformer elements and gives it a personal touch with modern-looking pixel art graphics. The vibrant colors, lively characters and various environments show that PixelHive puts a lot of love and care in bringing the world of Kaze and the Wild Masks to life. In an in-dept interview with one of PixelHive’s team members, they shed light into their motivation behind creating a retro platformer in these modern times.
About Kaze and the Wild Masks
In Kaze and the Wild Masks, you journey through the Crystal Islands in 90’s classics platformer style. Play as Kaze and save your friend Hogo from a curse that spread chaos around the islands. Face enraged living vegetables by invoking the powers of the Wild Masks. Pounce ferociously like a tiger, soar through the sky like an eagle, sprint fiercely like a lizard and rule the sea like a shark.
- Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard and shark.
- Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30+ levels with over 50 bonus levels.
- Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art.
- Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer.
- R̸e̴f̶r̴e̷s̸h̴ ̷y̸o̴u̴r̴ ̷e̶a̵r̶s̵ ̶w̷i̸t̷h̸ ̵2̵5̸+̸ ̶t̸r̶a̶c̶k̴s̷ ̴i̸n̷s̶p̴i̸r̴e̶d̴ ̴b̶y̶ ̸t̴h̶e̴ ̴m̸u̸s̴i̶c̶a̷l̷ ̷t̷h̴e̷m̸e̵s̸ ̴o̵f̵ ̵t̶h̴e̵ ̷1̴6̸-̵b̷i̷t̷ ̸e̶r̶a̷.̶