Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Realmforge Studios have today announced that their upcoming space management sim Spacebase Startopia has been subject to a navigational glitch (that the station AI insists is down to human error), overshooting its destination by several thousand lightyears and delaying its arrival on Earth to Spring 2021.
The new release date will allow for more development time to further polish the game, ensuring that it reaches the highest quality level possible and meets the high expectations of fans and beta testers. In addition, the delay means that the game can launch in more territories and on more platforms from day one.
Spacebase Startopia is set to launch in 2021 on Windows PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Spacebase Startopia is a galactic new take on a fan-favourite space base-management game set in…well, space! This vibrant and often absurd universe offers players an exciting blend of city building and base-management, with a flash of RTS skirmishes.
By breathing life back into a true classic, developer Realmforge Studios strikes a careful balance between nostalgia and innovation in its reimagining of the popular strategy game, which revolves around a donut-shaped space station filled to the brim with a colorful cast of aliens managed by their tireless commander (that’s you, human).
In Spacebase Startopia, players will carve out their own little space in the universe, ready to become a galactic utopia – if your management skills are up to the task. With three different game modes and a vast amount of management decisions to be made under the watchful eye of the VAL, the station’s sardonic AI, there’s plenty of in-depth gameplay waiting for new and seasoned players alike. But beware of invading space pirates, who will do their best to ruin your carefully laid plans!
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single player missions.
- Individually configurable sandbox mode.
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for.
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires.
- P̶r̴o̴d̵u̴c̷e̶ ̶a̶n̴d̷ ̸t̸r̴a̷d̶e̶ ̶r̸e̶s̷o̸u̴r̵c̸e̵s̵ ̷t̷o̶ ̷t̷u̵r̶n̸ ̷a̵ ̸p̶r̴o̶f̸i̵t̵,̵ ̸w̴h̴i̸l̸e̷ ̸r̶u̶n̷n̵i̸n̵g̸ ̷s̴a̸b̷o̵t̴a̶g̶e̶ ̸m̶i̴s̸s̸i̴o̵n̶s̶ ̶a̴g̷a̶i̴n̸s̷t̴ ̵y̸o̵u̷r̵ ̵c̴o̸m̸p̶e̶t̷i̴t̵o̵r̵s̸.̶