“Labor is the only way to atone for your sins before the fatherland,” says the sign on the gates to hell, or, as some call them, labor camps. Once you cross the threshold, the only way out is to either serve your sentence to completion or attain freedom through death. The problem is that no one usually lives long enough in the first scenario, and you’re not ready to passively give up and wait for the second. You decide on a third option: to escape. Your chances of surviving are close to zero, but if you’re going to die, at least you’ll die a free man.
ABOUT DISSIDENT: FROSTLAND ESCAPE
Endure the cruelty of an oppressive regime and those who would safeguard its interests, all while fighting to stay human in an uncaring, cruel world. There are many more like you, and your brothers in misfortune need you – will you find it in yourself to lend them a hand?
Stay and suffer or take the risk and flee – the choice is yours. Make sure you can survive the consequences of your actions, though – your lifespan in the frost lands is measured in things you can steal and things you can carry, not to mention raw physical skill. Even then, bare hands fare poorly against bear hands.
Remember: your enemy is the legion, and they are relentless in their hunt. They will never cease, they will chase you down, and they will kill you. After all, you are the only soul capable of telling the world about the atrocities that have taken place in this frozen hell.
DISSIDENT: FROSTLAND ESCAPE – MAIN FEATURES
- A unique “thoughts and madness” gameplay mechanic.
- “Escape and chase” intervals.
- Retain your humanity while struggling with the wild, frost, and hunger.
- Exploration of a randomly-generated, modular map.
- Choose from a wide selection of characters to play, from teachers and politicians to soldiers and artists. Each comes with a different set of skills that heavily impacts the gameplay.
- E̶n̸j̷o̶y̴ ̵t̵h̸e̴ ̴f̷r̸e̶e̷d̴o̵m̵ ̸o̵f̷ ̵a̶ ̸g̷a̸m̶e̸p̵l̸a̴y̶ ̴s̴t̶y̶l̶e̷ ̴b̴a̸s̶e̸d̵ ̴o̸n̷ ̵y̶o̴u̷r̵ ̴p̶r̷e̸f̵e̵r̸e̶n̵c̷e̸s̴.̸
Dissident: Frostland Escape is being developed by Tequilabyte Studio, published by Games Operators, and will come to PC.