The highly anticipated action roguelite Gone Viral from developer Skullbot Games and publisher Akupara Games is now available on Steam for $19.99.
Making its appearance during Gamescom’s Awesome Indies show and the highly-curated PAX Online Showcase in high and mighty flair, Gone Viral is a hack n’ slash physics-based roguelite where skilled physics-combat combos are the key to fame and carnage.
Slay with skill and win over Fans – who airdrop badass upgrades and mutations to evolve your gameplay on the fly. Gone Viral rewards Early Access players both at launch and at every major update they try out by granting exclusive permanent cosmetic items as a small thanks for supporting the game’s development.
Players can get a taste of the carnage by trying out demos available on Steam, Itch.io, or Game Jolt!
Gone Viral explores a mutant post-apocalyptic society that so glorifies violence and social media that the ultimate hybrid of the two has become the cornerstone of their entertainment – the most brutal game show ever devised. And you? You’re a newly-captured “contestant” on Gone Viral using every bit of skill to fight for your life – and for likes.
“We’re completely geeked up for Early Access – and we’re looking forward to adding more and more as we keep developing and getting feedback. It’s already been a blast seeing folks enjoying the game – as devs it’s great popping in on streamers to get feedback directly or even airdrop in items we’re testing that aren’t in the main game.
We’d not certainly bombard live players with beach balls and duckies or rain down nukes for the amusement of chat. Those are unfounded rumors.”
– Jeremy “Gaffer” Gaffney
Twitch will be featuring a few broadcasters on the front page today and tomorrow to celebrate the release of Gone Viral, so tune in for a chance to see all the madness unfold live, and participate in the Twitch-integrated audience to incite or control the chaos to your heart’s content.
Will you beat The Champ and win your freedom? Or will the last sound you hear be the roar of a bloodthirsty crowd? YOU DECIDE!
● Killer Combos – Annihilate enemies by ricocheting them off walls, smashing them into each other, or shoving them into bone-crunching traps.
● Kills = Fans – The flashier your combos and the more mayhem you unleash, the more likes and followers you’ll get!
● Fans = Upgrades – Sate your fans’ parched throats with FOUNTAINS of blood and they’ll reward you with amazing upgrades!
● Homicidium ad Infinitum – With endless combinations of mutations and attacks, each unique experience in the arena is as death-defying as the last so you can MURDER FOREVER.
● Blood Stream – Real-life audiences can introduce another layer of interaction to the experience as they vote to help (or hinder) you in your killing sprees.