Multiplatform game developer and publisher 10tons releases the long-awaited DYSMANTLE on Steam Early Access. DYSMANTLE is a post-apocalyptic open-world action RPG where you ruin everything and craft the tools for survival from the ruins. 10tons claims DYSMANTLE features a distinct bitter-sweet apocalypse not available in competing titles. The Early Access version will offer 10-20 hours of high quality post-apocalyptic entertainment. The content will be expanded during the early-access period.
“The reception from streamers and testers has been overwhelmingly good. We also have a record number of views from streamers and this is our most wishlisted game to date. With the release today we hope to bring post-apocalypse to as many PCs as possible.”, comments lead developer Tero Alatalo.
The Early Access version will have roughly the first third of the open world game area. There’s an Experience Level cap which prevents leveling up after reaching Level 20. Regarding features, the Early Access version already contains the following:
- Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. No barrier will stop you.
- Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
- Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
- Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
- Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
- Hunt dangerous game
- Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
- Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
- Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
- Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
- Unravel the mysteries of the strange island.
The full launch will happen when the game is done. The final version will also be released for current and next-gen consoles. There’ll also be support for Linux and Mac. 10tons has plans to support several next-gen console features like high resolution rendering, high refresh rates, and more.
DYSMANTLE is built using 10tons Ltd. proprietary game engine technology and is primarily targeted at PCs and current & next-generation consoles. Details about other platforms will be announced at a later date.