Buka Entertainment and Sobaka Studios have released a new accolades trailer showcasing the praise for their recently released old-school beat ‘em up ninja fighting game, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin. Critics have been calling the game a “must-buy” and a “love letter to old school beat ‘em ups” and the game has received ‘Very Positive’ reviews from players on Steam.
“On behalf of our team I want to thank each and every one of you for playing 9 Monkeys of Shaolin!” Said Dimitry Kachkov, head of Sobaka Studio. “Over the past month, we have received a massive amount of awesome feedback from players as well as numerous positive reviews from bloggers and media. Such powerful feedback is an incredible motivation that inspires us to set and achieve new goals! Right now, we are working on a major update of 9 Monkeys of Shaolin which brings a number of improvements and new features that you’ve asked us for”.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin will receive two major updates before the end of the year, ‘New Game +’ mode will be available on Steam along with an update adding a new ‘Scores Table’ to the Steam version of the game closer to the festive period.
The game will be part of this month’s Steam Fighting Game Sale where 9 Monkeys of Shaolin – Supporter Bundle which includes digital DLCs will be available at 10% discount between 12 – 19 November.
The game released last month on PC from £14.99 / €19.99 / $19.99 and on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch from £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99, with both single player and online or offline co-op modes.
About Monkeys of Shaolin
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle”. – Sun Tzu, The Art of War
9 Monkeys of Shaolin – marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat ’em up genre in the vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
– 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
– Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
– Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
– Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
– More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
– 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
– Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.