Marmalade Game Studio’s best-selling digital board game, THE GAME OF LIFE 2, is coming soon to Steam, add to your wishlist today!
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 offers a contemporary spin on the original game’s winning life simulation formula. With more choices and more freedom, the gameplay translates seamlessly into a beautiful, fully animated, 3D game board!
Released in July on mobile devices, it’s both an award nominated and top ranked game on the App Store and Google Play board game charts. This version of THE GAME OF LIFE 2 brings the sequel to a new audience of players on Steam.
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is a contemporary sequel to the classic THE GAME OF LIFE game, released on Steam in 2015. With some key changes to gameplay, Marmalade Game Studio has made the journey more relatable to our modern times. For a start, players can win the game with more than just money. All choices matter when they can earn points for Knowledge, Happiness and Wealth. There are also important crossroads set later in the game, so players can choose to get married or get that degree near the start, or further down the road!
With more choices and more freedom to live life your way, players can become a Pop Star with five dogs and a pool, or a Robotics Engineer with three kids and two degrees. Whether they’re in it for the millions or the good times, all goals are valid in THE GAME OF LIFE 2.
Michael Willis, CEO of Marmalade Game Studio, said:
“Bringing a game to a new platform is always exciting, and we’re especially proud to be launching THE GAME OF LIFE 2 on Steam. We’ve been overwhelmed by the reception the game has had on mobile, and we know that players want to challenge their friends and family on PC. The GAME OF LIFE has been very successful since its release, and in making THE GAME OF LIFE 2 we not only added modern options, but modern gameplay. It’s a step forward in so many ways and I couldn’t be more proud of the team at Marmalade for bringing it to life. We can’t wait to see what the Steam community makes of it.”
Marmalade Game Studio prides itself on connecting players, whether they’re in the same room or hundreds of miles apart. With online and offline options, THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is a safe and easy multiplayer experience, even across platforms. Players can compete together via iOS, Android and now PC!
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is the latest in Marmalade Game Studio’s roster of high quality adaptations of beloved Hasbro board games for PC, including: CLUE/CLUEDO, BATTLESHIP and the original THE GAME OF LIFE.
Hasbro’s Richard Cleveland, Vice President of Digital Gaming said:
We are pleased to work with Marmalade Game Studio in bringing our beloved board games to life across digital platforms. They always strike a balance between maintaining the essence of the brands, and making the experience new and exciting for players. THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is a great example of the work they do. They went above and beyond in creating a sequel that gives players a lot more life to live!
Marmalade Game Studio will also be bringing THE GAME OF LIFE 2 to Nintendo Switch consoles in 2021.
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is coming soon to Steam, priced $9.99 / £9.99 / €9.99. Add the game to your Steam wishlist here to be notified about the 10% off launch week discount.
About THE GAME OF LIFE 2
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is here on Steam (PC)! This digital board game is an official, contemporary sequel to the classic THE GAME OF LIFE game. It offers more choices and more freedom every stage of the game on a fully animated and immersive 3D board. You’ve got thousands of meaningful ways to live your life before reaching the finish line.
- A CONTEMPORARY SEQUEL TO HASBRO’S CLASSIC BOARD GAME – THE GAME OF LIFE 2 drives the original from yesterday to today, with:
- Customisable pegs.
- A selection of vehicles.
- An eco-city board.
- Second chances with the option to change job, go back to school and get married later.
- New careers, including Video Blogger, Game Designer, Athlete and Dog Groomer.
- More relationship options.
- Pet adoption.
- New ways to win, including points for knowledge and happiness, as well as wealth.
- The chance to continue playing past retirement.
- OPEN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER – Distance doesn’t interrupt play when you connect with up to 4 players around the world.
- PRIVATE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER – Invite up to 4 friends and/or family members to a private multiplayer game.
- CROSS-PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER – Play on Steam, against friends on their phones!
- SINGLE PLAYER – There’s no such thing as playing alone when you take on our challenging AI.
- SEASON PASS – Seek out additional boards, including ‘Fairytale Kingdom’ and ‘Haunted Hills’, with the GAME OF LIFE 2 Season Pass to unlock themes, with 8 more on the way!