Run your own guerrilla faction in the Alaska of 2080 – devastated by climate change and invaded by Russian troops trying to regain the land they once owned. HeatWave will soon test your survival and strategy skills on PC and Switch.
We all knew this day would come eventually. A day when global warming has finally led us, humankind, to the brink of collapse. And yet, the unprecedented migration and internal conflicts that emerged as a result were only the beginning of the worldwide crisis. In response to the spreading chaos, the US government decided to abandon the cut off territories in Alaska and focus on saving the mainland. Naturally, it didn’t take long for the Russian government – supported by China – to take advantage of the situation. To expand into more hospitable places to live, they’ve decided to reclaim the territory they once owned and launched an invasion of Alaska. The people living in these lands, however, were not about to accept oppression and hostile colonization submissively. Instead, they’ve formed guerrilla groups to repel the invaders. The underground Americans turned out to be the underdogs in a fight for their land and freedom.
HeatWave is a sandbox survival strategy game set in 2080 in Alaska – affected by climate change and Russian invasion. Form your guerilla faction and plan your actions in real time on a macro-scale map. Set destination points for your units, choose a place for your camp, and use your crafting skills to make tools and weapons. Take into consideration nearby villages and hostile units before deciding where to build or move your base next. Use the isometric view to explore the local area, talk to or trade with NPCs, accept quests, recruit new members of your team, or search for resources. Once ready, or when having no other choice, engage in turn-based combat that will determine the future of your faction and, in the long run, shape the world once it’s all over.
HEATWAVE MAIN FEATURES
Run your own Guerrilla faction
- Form your team, enact internal laws, and adapt rules to the ever-changing environment.
- Set up your base deep in the forests of Alaska, building new structures to make your people self-reliant.
Use and upgrade your bushcraft skills
- Survive in the wilderness where resources are limited.
- Help your people meet their basic survival needs. Set up camps, obtain energy resources, and provide shelter against the cold and rain. Hunt for food, collect wild plants, or plunder local communities to prevent starvation.
- Craft items, making tools, medicines, and weapons from collected scraps and plundered materials.
Explore the world
- Visit nearby settlements. Talk with their inhabitants, try to recruit them, or at least trade with them, and complete quests they’ll assign you to establish a good relationship with them.
- Explore the vast expanses of Alaska while diving into a non-linear story with a heavy impact on both gameplay mechanics and the game’s ending.
- Make difficult decisions and fight your own path to independence.
- Stay in the shadows and avoid being discovered at all costs.
- Move your base if necessary, and implement a hit-and-run strategy that will be essential for your survival.
- Have no mercy for collaborators while constantly fighting and harassing the invaders.
- Set up traps, sabotage the oppressor’s supply lines, and incite the people of Alaska against them.
- Shape your own politics while you handle diplomatic relations with other factions and settlements to make sure all your goals are met.
- Perform tasks for the local population to gain their goodwill, so they help you compete against other guerrilla groups.
- Once ready, start the revolution and take on the invaders to drive them away.
- Finally, choose your own path to independence. Either continue in the name of the United States or create your very own, brand new independent country.
HeatWave is being developed by Perimeter Games and is on its way to PC and Nintendo Switch.