New monsters and challenges await in Runersia… Japanese videogame company, Happinet, is pleased to announce that SRPG Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia has launched worldwide on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The cult hit classic Brigandine released on the original PlayStation® in 1998 and has returned with a revitalized experience that stays true to the tenets that won over fans over 20 years ago. Updated for modern systems, the PS4™ system version launches with the “Titans and the Iron Front” patch which brings new content and updates based on community feedback for the recently released Nintendo Switch™ system version. To celebrate the launch, all digital purchases of Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia for PS4™ system on the PlayStation®Store will include a free dynamic theme. Additionally, a free PS4™ system demo is available today with two modes, Tutorial and Trial, for new players to experience the rush of leading more than 100 Rune Knights and lead monster troops into intense, turn-based battles in the quest to conquer Runersia.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is set in a familiar fantasy world brought to life by veteran development talent, including scenario writer, Kenji Terada (FINAL FANTASY I – III), art director and character designer, Raita Kazama (Puzzle & Dragons, Xenoblade Chronicles), and the homecoming of composer Tenpei Sato (Brigandine: Grand Edition, Disgaea 1 – 5).
Featuring a fantasy world conquest within the turn-based strategy genre, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will offer hundreds of hours of captivating gameplay in this stunning new campaign for conquest. Players choose one of six nations to assume the role of the ruler aiming to conquer Runersia. As a ruler, players will command more than 100 Rune Knights throughout the six nations leading various monster troops of various dragons, ghouls, and fairies, into fierce battles on hexagonal grid maps in the tactical turn-based battle system.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia Features:
- High degree of freedom in warfare‒ Players decide which of six nations to play as, which countries to invade, and how to conquer the continent.
- Hundreds of hours of gameplay‒ A single nation’s plotline provides 30+ hours of playtime with multiple endings, post-ending content and newly added custom difficulty levels.
- Classic gameplay and design based on the original‒ Combat is a turn-based tactical RPG, with knights on each side leading three monster platoons into battle on a hexagonal grid to jostle for victory.
- Immersive gameplay and original artwork from talented veterans‒ Lead artist and character designer, Raita Kazama brings his artistry to the 40 base locations, over 100 unique knights, and 50 monster types in Runersia.
- Challenge mode‒ Battle in a combination of a sandbox and score attack experience where new missions are non-stop, challenging the player’s ability to change strategies on the fly as difficulty becomes harder the longer a player survives.
- New content and updates‒ “Titans and the Iron Front” update includes new high-level monsters, Titan and Shadow Goblin, custom difficulty levels for enemy AI, playtime and EXP gain options, new user interface, menu adjustments, and added functions making conquest over Runersia more strategic than ever.
AboutBrigandine: The Legend of Runersia
In Runersia, a continent created by the Rune God, mana rains down endlessly. Eons ago, five Mana Stones were brought forth by this continent and passes through history alongside human nations, eventually embedding into special Brigandine equipment to create Rune Knights – special individuals who can wield the mana power and stones embedded into their armor to cast skills and magic as well as summon and control ancient monsters. Six Brigandine nations of Runersia, each with conflicting ideals, beliefs, histories, and faiths, are divided by Brigandines of Justice, Glory, Freedom, Sanctity, and Ego, while the sixth nation exists without Brigandine. The goal is to win battles to expand their nation’s influence until the entire continent of Runersia has been taken over by the player.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is developed by Matrix Software and published by Happinet digitally for the Nintendo Switch™ system on the Nintendo eShop and PlayStation®4 system on the PlayStation®Store for $49.99/ €49.99. This title is rated “T for Teen” by the ESRB and a PEGI 7 rating in Europe. The Nintendo Switch version released on June 25. Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is also playable on the PlayStation®5.