Marmalade Game Studio are excited to announce that their best-selling mobile board game, THE GAME OF LIFE 2, has launched today on PC via the Steam platform!
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is the official contemporary sequel to Hasbro’s THE GAME OF LIFE board game. Marmalade’s adaptation of the original, world famous life simulation game has been a best seller on both mobile and PC. With more choices and more freedom, players will have a lot of life to live this holiday season!
Marmalade have made a number of well-placed updates to gameplay and visuals. In doing so, they’ve crafted a contemporary experience more relatable to the journeys of modern life. For example, wealth is no longer the only path to success. Players can also earn points for knowledge and personal happiness!
With important crossroad moments found throughout the game, it’s never too late to get married and go back to school, or even choose a new career and become a successful Video Blogger. Players can fill their house with children, or pets! The choice is theirs!
Cristina Mereuta, COO of Marmalade Game Studio, said:
“At Marmalade, our aim is to bring people together through quality gaming experiences, and that’s why releasing THE GAME OF LIFE 2 on Steam means so much to us. The mobile communities have really embraced THE GAME OF LIFE 2, and we can’t wait to see players on mobile challenging their friends on PC. On Steam, THE GAME OF LIFE has already been very popular, and the sequel brings so much more to the classic. At this time of year especially, it’s important to connect, and board games are a brilliant way to do that. Even if it’s not in person, you can get together with your friends and family and live a whole life in one evening!”
With online and offline options, THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is a safe and easy multiplayer experience. Players can even play together across platforms, via iOS, Android and now PC!
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is the latest in Marmalade Game Studio’s roster of high quality adaptations of beloved Hasbro board games for PC, including: CLUE/CLUEDO, BATTLESHIP, and the original THE GAME OF LIFE.
Hasbro’s Richard Cleveland, Vice President of Digital Gaming said:
“We have had a long and successful relationship with Marmalade Studios, and they have consistently delivered great gameplay experiences for many of our top brands. After the success of their original adaptation of THE GAME OF LIFE, their ideas for a sequel were welcomed and we couldn’t wait to see where they went with it. As usual we were delighted. It’s bold and beautifully executed and stays true to the beloved game, while adding a lot that we know players will enjoy. PC gamers the world over have a lot of fun to look forward to.”
Marmalade Game Studio will also be bringing THE GAME OF LIFE 2 to Nintendo Switch consoles in 2021.
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 launches today on Steam with a launch week discount of 10%, priced $8.99 / £8.99 / €8.99
Players can also buy the Season Pass, which includes diverse, themed worlds to explore. So far, these include the Fairytale Kingdom, Haunted Hills, and Frozen Lands, with 7 more awesome themes coming soon.
For a limited time only, buy the Season Pass and play the game from 10th December 2020 to the 8th January 2021, and get an awesome FREE Penguin outfit!
About THE GAME OF LIFE 2
THE GAME OF LIFE 2 is here on Steam (PC)! This digital board game is an official, contemporary sequel to the classic THE GAME OF LIFE game. It offers more choices and more freedom every stage of the game on a fully animated and immersive 3D board. You’ve got thousands of meaningful ways to live your life before reaching the finish line.
- A CONTEMPORARY SEQUEL TO HASBRO’S CLASSIC BOARD GAME – THE GAME OF LIFE 2 drives the original from yesterday to today, with:
- Customisable pegs.
- A selection of vehicles.
- An eco-city board.
- Second chances with the option to change job, go back to school and get married later.
- New careers, including Video Blogger, Game Designer, Athlete and Dog Groomer.
- More relationship options.
- Pet adoption.
- New ways to win, including points for knowledge and happiness, as well as wealth.
- The chance to continue playing past retirement.
- OPEN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER – Distance doesn’t interrupt play when you connect with up to 4 players around the world.
- PRIVATE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER – Invite up to 4 friends and/or family members to a private multiplayer game.
- CROSS-PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER – Play on Steam, against friends on their phones!
- SINGLE PLAYER – There’s no such thing as playing alone when you take on our challenging AI.
- SEASON PASS – Seek out additional boards, including ‘Fairytale Kingdom’ and ‘Haunted Hills’, with the GAME OF LIFE 2 Season Pass to unlock themes, with 8 more on the way!