Welcome to the silent, snowy desert of Antarctica. You are the sole survivor of the US base here. Left alone, accused of destroying the facility and killing all the crew, and unarmed against a threat that’s larger than humankind. You are now the first last line of defense for all humanity. Left all alone in this frozen, immense land, no one will hear you scream.
In this survival-RPG-horror mix, you need to survive at all cost after you’ve escaped from a burning base set in the most unfriendly environment on Earth. Imprisoned by people you don’t understand, treated as a criminal, exhausted, and defenseless, you can’t shake the same repeating thoughts: “Have I brought this… THING with me? Or did IT make me to find new victims?”
Finish it here, once and for all, or your secret will be buried in ice, and humankind will be left with no future. In the middle of nowhere, in the coldest place on Earth, you must remember that staying outside is suicide. You need to stay warm, need to find enough gas to maintain power and heat, need food that’s not contaminated by an unwelcomed “guest” – and you desperately need to find or make a weapon. Along with your physical health, you also need to take care of your mental health and that of your other crew members. Too much stress can make you crack and will result in violent behavior, like attacking other team members, destroying key equipment, or even committing suicide.
Your every decision is vital to achieving the goal of surviving and either killing this THING that’s hunting you or, if you’re unable to, escaping. How to achieve either of the two goals is up to you. You can act immorally and kill everyone for the sake of your own survival. Or try to save them all, which might be more difficult, but at the same time, good relationships, teamwork, wise decisions, and charisma can sometimes produce better results than a gun.
Don’t forget that you’ve already tried to kill it once, and you’ve failed miserably. Be smarter this time, and don’t expect it to be easy. You’ll start with nothing. Staying alone too long will get you killed, and if you don’t provide yourself with enough heat – you’ll die. Remaining outside guarantees you’ll freeze to death. And if you see too many horrible things, you’ll crack and eventually commit suicide.
Be smart and be quick. Find out who still remains human and who became far from it. Defeat the THING, escape, or remain there, forever Buried in Ice.
BURIED IN ICE – MAIN FEATURES
- Remember that team play is the key to success. Staying togethermeansstaying alive. If you‘re alone for too long, it will bring an end to your story.
- Survive in the most unfriendly environment on Earth. Remember that hunger, cold, stress, or contamination can be as fatal as the THING that’s hunting you.
- Test your moral boundaries. Co-operate with other members of the team, help them survive or steal, cheat, run away, destroy, and kill. It’s up to you how this story will end.
- Trust no one. Teamwork might be the only key to survival, but at the same time, you’ll never be sure who remained human and who was already possessed by the THING.
- Remember that time is running out. Try to eitherescape or kill the THING as soon as possible because if you happen to become the last one standing, it may mean that you’re not human anymore…
Buried in Ice is being developed by Liquid Engine Development and will be released on PC and consoles.