Keith Burgun Games is thrilled to announce their turn-based squad strategy game Gem Wizards Tactics will arrive on Steam February 2021. Designed around endless single player play, Gem Wizards Tactics has seven factions each with their own unique abilities which not only combine within factions, but you can also pick up units from other factions and combine them into your army to create strange team compositions and strategies.
In many ways, Gem Wizards Tactics will feel familiar to fans of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or X-Com. But unlike these games, the maps are entirely randomly generated, and enemy units are spawning randomly as well. This means that the challenges are much more emergent and surprising—and so your strategies will have to be as well.
- Wild powers with fun and surprising side-effects! Drill for oil, which is slippery and lights on fire. Spray water around until you create new rivers. Freeze those rivers over with ice magic.
- Randomly generated maps! The map geometry, enemy squads you’re facing off, and Unit Rescue rewards are different every time you play.
- Three distinct factions with LOTS of asymmetry: the classic royal high fantasy knights of the Azure Order; the resource-exploiting, terrain-burning Business Demons, and the nature and weather-controlling Potatoes. Each faction has their own unique playstyles and abilities. There’s also cross-pollination between the factions. Maybe you can find some neat combo for your Azure Knights sliding over a bunch of freshly fracked oil slicks.
- Three modes are available: a short tutorial, a custom game mode, and a longer-form campaign that has you fight a long series of battles while you level up units and permanently lose others!
- Colorful pixel art and an original melodic soundtrack
- Lots of developer support in the form of new patches, balance changes and more. If you want to learn more come chat with us on Discord.