Publisher Gamera Game and indie studio Youthcat Studio are happy to announce that the anticipated Dyson Sphere Program, a space sci-fi automation game, releases today on Steam Early Access for $19.99 / €16.79 / £15.49. The game will have a launch discount of 10% off during the first week. The game underwent a successful Kickstarter campaign two months ago, getting to a 135% of its original funding goal.
Dyson Sphere Program is a sci-fi sandbox with space exploration and factory automation elements. In the game, as engineer of the space alliance COSMO you are tasked with constructing a Dyson Sphere – a megastructure, first theorized in the 50s by physicist Freeman Dyson, capable of harnessing the energy output of a whole star. But developing such a project is not an easy task – no planet has enough resources on its own to build one…
Thus, on board of the mecha Icarus you will have to explore a procedurally generated universe, build facilities on many planets to extract their resources, and connect them with an interstellar logistic network in a galaxy-wide production empire. You will have to research new technologies, both to improve your mecha and learn now techniques with which to gather more energy – all in order to get to your ultimate goal: the construction of a Dyson Sphere.
ABOUT THE EARLY ACCESS
The Early Access version of Dyson Sphere Program includes the core gameplay of the game: players will be able to explore the universe, finding all kinds of celestial bodies (neutron stars, white dwarfs, planets of all kinds…), build facilities and mine resources, design galactic-wide production lines and logistic networks, research technologies and ultimately build the Dyson Sphere. A single playthrough can take you from 50 to 100 hours – depending on how much time you spend exploring! Its sandbox gameplay is fully there already – as a player you can try to beeline your way to the Dyson Sphere, develop the biggest and most efficient logistic network, or just explore with your Icarus mecha and enjoy the wonders of its universe.
- Create a galactic industrial empire from scratch: start with a small workshop and improve it until it spans the whole galaxy.
- Develop your very own Dyson Spheres, a megastructure that orbit around stars harnessing all its power and energy, from the first screw to its completion.
- Explore a vast universe procedurally generated with all kinds of celestial bodies: neutron stars, white dwarfs, red giants…
- Build mechas to fly, sail or jump through outer space and alien planets.
- Transport materials across the galaxy to your facilities: thousands of transport ships will flow endlessly to your factories and back!
- Design the most efficient automated factory and production line.
- Customize your factory and Dyson Sphere to make it unique.
- Design a balanced power network, capable of producing energy in all kinds of power plants like wind turbines, artificial stars…