Welcome to the dystopian future! Developer Dark Lord and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment are happy to announce Glitchpunk, a cyberpunk-themed game with an old school GTA 2 feel. Set to be released in 2021, Glitchpunk is a top-down action game where you shoot, brawl, drive, steal and sneak yourself through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults, forging cooperations along the way. A demo of the game is available during the Steam Games Festival: February 2021 from 3rd February to 9th February.
In Glitchpunk you play as a glitching android going against your own programming and challenging the tyrannical governments and megacorps of the dystopian near-future. Forge your own path in several cities full of drug-crazed gangs, aggressive police, and irresponsible drivers that make each mission and playthrough unpredictable. Steal cars and lead your enemies on a merry chase, fight them with a variety of melee and long-range weapons, and upgrade your own body with tech. But Glitchpunk isn’t just about blowing things up, it also tells a story of transhumanism, xenophobia, and religion. You can influence the world around you, make new friends, face off against more enemies than you can count – and you might even find love.
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from.
- Hacking system allows players to control minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars.
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels.
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture.
- 4 different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter.
- Mature story with several endings.
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment.
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials.
Glitchpunk is set to enter Early Access on Steam in the first half of 2021.