GLOAM is delighted to announce that its debut title, Bravery Network Online, will release in Early Access on Steam February 16th for $24.99 USD with a 10% discount at launch. Bravery Network Online takes what fans love about the turn-based RPG genre and adds a mix of technology along a wealth of diverse characters.
Bravery Network Online comes from the minds of Min-Taylor Bai-Woo, Damian Sommer (the IGF nominated The Yawhg) as well as former GLOAM members Kelly Kwang (Canadian comic artist), and droqen (the IGF nominated Starseed Pilgrim). The game also prominently features the illustrations of French comics artist Guillaume Singelin.
“We started making BNO after playing hours of competitive Pokémon and wondering why there weren’t more games exploring that design space! We quickly found out! We are however, very stubborn.” – Min & Damian from GLOAM
About Bravery Network Online
Bravery Network Online is a turn-based battle RPG inspired by similar beloved titles! Enter a match with your custom team of five fighters. Sending one fighter out– you and your opponent make decisions in secret, to use moves, or to switch amongst your team. First to eliminate all opposing fighters wins!
The game has you in the future world of Tower 6, competing in the ultimate sport: Bravery. Technology has made resource scarcity a thing of the past, and the citizens lovingly battle each other to stay plugged in. You play as their coach, trying your best to make sure your fighters are confident and focusing on what’ll help them win!
- A fully fleshed-out roster of weird future folks to befriend and fight!
- Help those future folks build confidence, shore up their weaknesses, and pick out powerful necklaces to wear!
- So many different moves, traits, and strategies to try. Want to smash with attacks? Want to whittle foes away with feelings? Want to just make a giant mess? You can do that, and more!
- A bunch of small single-player stories exploring Tower 6, its mysteries and curious inhabitants.
- Online battles and rankings for folks who have that taste for competition.