Berzerk Studio, creators of the indie musical bullet-hell party game Just Shapes & Beats, are here to save Flash. Well… some of it. Today the studio announced Berzerk Flashback, an enhanced collection of their Flash games published in years past on PC for Steam. The collection will launch with 26 titles, including 8 unreleased games, like the never before seen Frantic Frigates 2 and the prototype for Just Shapes & Beats; because why not.
Flash may no longer be able to help you play countless web-based games to pass the time, but Berzerk won’t let their roots go that easily. Founded in 2008 by three friends, Berzerk Studio was a staple in the heyday of flash-based web games on sites like Newgrounds, Kongregate, Armor Games and more before moving into PC and Console releases with Just Shapes & Beats. This collection brings together an assortment of Berzerk’s most popular games in one place, safe from the grasp of those who sought to end the reign of Flash.
Berzerk Flashback also includes a story mode, presenting the games in the order they were developed, with trivia and facts about their development as well as custom challenges for each game.
- 18 previously released and 8 unreleased games, lovingly ported for maximum explosions.
- All items unlocked, no monetization or ads.
- Custom achievements for each game.
- Multiplayer support for games that had multiplayer!
- Behind the scenes info and unlockable game prototypes.
- Flash is dead, long live Flash.
- 10 years of Berzerk Studio and Flash game history in one collection.
Berzerk Flashback will be priced at $9.99 for PC on Steam with a launch date of February 9th, and is available to wishlist now on Steam.