Keith Burgun Games is thrilled to announce their turn-based squad strategy game Gem Wizards Tactics is now available for Windows PC on Steam for $14.99.
The bumpiest, bounciest, slidiest tactics game EVER MADE! Gem Wizards Tactics is a 1P turn-based tactics game with randomly generated maps and strange asymmetrical factions! Oil-fracking Business Demons, storm-bringing Potatoes and the ice magic of the Azure Order!
In many ways, Gem Wizards Tactics will feel familiar to fans of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or X-Com. But unlike these games, the maps are entirely randomly generated, and enemy units are spawning randomly as well. This means that the challenges are much more emergent and surprising—and so your strategies will have to be as well. In this original turn based tactical war game, you take your army through a series of battles in which you’ve gotta capture the flags before taking too many losses!
- Wild powers with fun and surprising side-effects! Drill for oil, which is slippery and lights on fire! Spray water around until you create new rivers! Freeze those rivers over with ice magic! Push people over the frozen ice floe, sliding uncontrollably into that hole you drilled! It’s like a wild Rube Goldberg Machine of tactics!
- Randomly generated maps! The map geometry, enemy squads you’re facing off, and Unit Rescue rewards are different every time you play!
- Three distinct factions with LOTS of asymmetry: the classic royal high fantasy knights of the Azure Order; the resource-exploiting, terrain-burning Business Demons, or the nature and weather-controlling Potatoes: each have their own unique playstyles and abilities. Better yet, there’s cross-pollination between the factions, so maybe you can find some neat combo for your Azure Knights sliding over a bunch of freshly fracked oil slicks!
- Four game modes are currently available: a short tutorial, a custom game mode, a longer-form Campaign that has you doing a long series of battles, leveling up units and permanently losing others! And finally, a “single-player Elo” mode called Ranked Mode, where the game automatically adjusts its rank as you win more games. More game modes coming soon!
- Colorful pixel art and an original melodic soundtrack. (I mean, at least *I* think so. I made all of it myself, so perhaps I’m biased on this one, but I think the game looks and sounds pretty cool.)
- Lots of developer support in the form of new patches, balance changes and MORE: More factions, more game modes, more platform support – you name it! You may know about another game of mine: Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure. It originally launched on Android back in 2014, and we just put out another patch in Jan of 2021. The point is: I commit to my games pretty hard, and this game will get tons of awesome support in the future!