Indie Studio 2pt Interactive officially revealed a new gameplay trailer for Heavenly Bodies today as part of the PlayStation Indies event. The trailer features never-before-seen footage to give players a taste of what to expect when they venture out into the final frontier.
The game will be coming to PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam in 2021.
In Heavenly Bodies, players step into the boots of a 1970’s cosmonaut. Using the left and right analogue sticks to control their arms and legs, they must push and pull their way through a weightless world and solve an ever-evolving set of physics-based puzzles.
With one sharp mind, two good arms, and a few helpful diagrams from mission control, they’ll need to pull off extraordinary feats of engineering – from space telescope assembly to delicate cosmic botany. All that, with an endless void on every side and nothing to hold them down. How hard can it be?
- A collection of puzzling stellar scenarios inspired by the work of real-life space explorers.
- Take on the challenge solo in single-player mode or team up with a friend via local-coop.
- Play online using Steam Remote Play Together (Steam exclusive feature).
- Control each limb of a weightless cosmonaut to perform difficult and delicate maneuvers.
- Manipulate state-of-the-art space vehicles and elaborate machinery.
- Stylized 70s visual aesthetic influenced by archival space photography and technical illustration.
- Full DualSense controller support makes interacting with every different material feel unique (PS5 exclusive feature).
“As well as being a fun and challenging video game, we like to think of Heavenly Bodies as being sort of about the human condition,” said Alexander Perrin, designer at 2pt Interactive. “The title is obviously a reference to the planets and stars, but it’s also poking a bit of fun at the silly little meat tubes we all inhabit. Looking at humanity at that scale you go from the sublime to the ridiculous so fast it gives you whiplash”.