In case you missed it, independent developer VestGames recently released a brand new video teaching you the skills you’ll need to stay alive in their friendship-destroying social deduction game, Eville! In this latest trailer, the team shines a spotlight on the “good guys”, breaking down the various classes and how they function — so concerned villagers can rest easy, get plenty of sleep, and return to toiling in the turnip fields for their gracious Lord!
Nothing breaks up the monotony of medieval serfdom quite like a spree of murders in your quaint little village. And while public executions are certainly the best form of family-friendly entertainment available, one must successfully make it through the night alive in order to attend. Eville pits players against one another by randomly assigning a role at the beginning of each match. With two sides on offer, players will take the side of the evil Conspirators or the hard-working, honest Villagers, each with its own set of unique skills. Manipulate the vote as the political powerhouse Mayor, creep around town at night hunting for clues as the Detective, or hang around ready to bash some Conspirator brains as a Guard.
In this handy video, the medieval maniacs at VestGames break down the various roles on the “good guy” side of things, which will give you the insight needed to avoid the axe and enjoy a nice tasty glass of fresh-squeezed turnip juice with friends and family.
Watch the nifty new trailer below and learn why being the good guy pays off…sometimes:
From simple serf to crafty sleuth, Eville features several distinct “Citizen” roles assigned at the beginning of the round, each with their own unique abilities and playstyles.
- The Mayor: Collect taxes, shift the blame, and when accused, simply flex that political power to reject any implication of guilt because, after all, you’re of noble blood! Being Mayor also comes with the super-handy ability to vote twice — “democracy” in action!
- Ghost Whisperer: Summon a ghastly apparition to help guide you to the currently-undiscovered remains of a murdered Villager, and while you’re there feel free to help yourself to their belongings — they’re not going to need them where they’re headed.
- Detective: While their fellow villagers are sleeping peacefully in their super uncomfortable medieval beds, the Detective can prowl the streets, keeping an eye out for suspicious activity! They can also “lawfully” enter the houses of fellow villagers and investigate whether or not the job title they claim is actually legit or a dastardly lie!
- Seer: Every village has one: the nosy neighbor who stays up all night spying on their fellow citizens and making sure nobody violates the HOA rules — or, you know, murders someone. The Seer can place a “watchful eye” anywhere in town that they can peep through whilst everyone else sleeps.
- Trapper: Using skills developed while hunting beasts in the wild forests and moors, the Trapper can track suspicious movements and lay down crafty traps that catch audacious axe murderers in the act.
- Guard: Uphold the rule of law in classic medieval fashion: stake out an area overnight and stab anyone that crosses your path!
Eville is a social deduction game in the vein of Among Us and One Night Ultimate Werewolf that soars to whole new heights with a level of depth not seen before in the genre. Built upon a solid foundation of deceit, slander, and manipulation, VestGames has added several additional layers that ramp up the strategy and tactical possibilities. Multiple character roles with different skills and specializations, handy items, crafting, and an innovative day-and-night cycle make Eville a stand-out title that is unique in the social-deduction category.
Eville will be available for PC via Steam in Early Access in 2021.