Action! Indie developer Odyssey Studios is announcing Moviehouse, launching on PC this summer. Moviehouse is a management experience in the vein of such titles as Lionhead’s “The Movies” and indie offerings like Greenheart Games “Game Dev Tycoon.”
In Moviehouse, you start as a small-time movie studio in the 80s, make your first short film, enter film festivals, rush through the decades, and become one of the majors by appeasing both viewers and critics.
Moviehouse lets you live out your dream of finally making the perfect movie. Choose from up to twelve different genres, plot the storyline to your film and make a true blockbuster. Maybe it’s time to start thinking about a cinematic universe?
Manage a Movie Studio
- Experience the decades – start with a small film crew in the 80s, develop your first short-film, compete, find success, and become one of the majors.
- Make movies your way – pick from a dozen different genres and plot the perfect storyline. Make a spy flick, a romantic comedy, or a bloody slasher or something entirely different. It’s all up to you.
- Make your first blockbuster – a critically acclaimed arthouse film won’t always be a smash hit at the box office, nor will a costly movie always find a fan-base. It is up to you to strike the perfect balance to make a true blockbuster.
- Assemble the dream team – hire directors and writers and build up their skills. A good crew in itself can bring viewers to seats.
Beat the Competition
- Follow the times by honing your moviemaking craft – research new technologies to compete in an ever-changing market. Unlock sequels, prequels, cinematic universes and more.
- Hit the festival circuit – showcase your movie in film festivals to build buzz, gain accolades and critical success!
- Compete for the coveted golden clapper – the Industry Awards are closing in. Has your movie been nominated? Compete in multiple categories, including best feature film, for a chance to win the golden clapper.