Indie developer Flying Robot Studios will be releasing their tea farm and factory management game Two Leaves and a bud – Tea Garden Simulator on April 14 on Steam.
Two Leaves and a bud – Tea Garden Simulator brings the real-world farming and processing techniques into fun-filled and challenging gameplay, taking a combination of understanding the age-old craft of tea production and managing the business operations.
Two Leaves and a bud – Tea Garden Simulator is made with consultation and partnership of ‘Chengmari Tea Estate’, which is the biggest tea estate of Asia.
Two Leaves and a bud – Tea Garden Simulator will be launched in Early Access and it will remain like that for 1 year approximately. During this time, more equipment, weather, tea farming and processing techniques of different cultures will be added.
The current Early Access version of Two Leaves and a bud – Tea Garden Simulator provides players with 5 different farms and 8 types of factory equipment to choose from.
- The ability to produce different types of tea. Like Green, Oolong, Black, White, Matcha, CTC.
- Choose from a clone bank of different tea varieties, each with its own pros and cons. Use research to make new tea clones with desired qualities.
- Analyze the terroir, soil and treat your land to produce the desired result.
- Organize work schedules and progress through the game day by day.
- Time of the year, Dynamic weather system reflecting the unpredictability of real-world climate.
- Protect your tea plants through specific treatments depending on the type of pest and disease.
- Prune or pluck your tea. Choose specific types of leaves to pluck for different teas.
- Craft your Tea in the factory through the game’s 4 tea-making processes: Withering, Rolling, Oxidation, and Fixing. Each type of tea needs to be crafted in a certain way to achieve the best results, so you’ll have to learn and master each one.
- Simulation engine based on real-world tea chemistry. (With expert consultation from Chengmari Tea Gardens)
- Take up the challenges of producing legendary real-world teas to unlock achievements and take the title of ‘Tea Master’.