Bittersweet Birthday, by World Eater Games, is going to be published by Pineapple Works on PC and Nintendo Switch. It’s an engaging action game with satisfying combat and an emotional story that has similarities to games like Undertale, Deltarune, for the design, and Zero Escape Series for the theme and intrigue. With the cooperation of Pineapple Works, the developers are planning an IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign (soon to be launched) to support the game’s development.
Bittersweet Birthday is a mysterious game that takes you to an unknown place, where your character doesn’t remember anything and his only guide is a strange voice from nowhere. With engaging dialogs, interesting combat and a moody atmosphere you will be taken on an adventure full of action. From the developers’ own words: “It’s got challenging combat and a story that will make you laugh and cry at the same time! “.
A free demo of the game is already available on Steam (from 30 minutes to an hour and a half of gameplay!), so try it out and if you like it – please consider signing up for the IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign to support the developers and help to make this game happen!
- A story of mystery driven by endearing characters!
- Explore a lively village with friendly residents and their interlocking quests!
- Punishing combat where reading the enemy is the key to victory!
- Cute 2D pixel-art characters on beautifully drawn backgrounds!
- Well-balanced boss-rush with moments of story exploration!