Sword of the Necromancer by Spanish game studio Grimorio of Games has won the third Fan Favorite Weekly Vote at the Game Development World Championship. The game is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you. The game is available on Steam.
With this voting victory, Grimorio of Games moves on to the next round in Fan Favorite category. The team will meet other Weekly Vote winners in a final vote for the crown at the end of the GDWC 2021 season.
2nd Place went to Apprentice Arriving by Jewel Seeker Entertainment from Germany. “3D-Fantasy RPG played in 3rd-Person that combines modern gameplay with a never seen Retro-Flair! As RPGs typically have various character classes to choose from, this game will give you the opportunity to create your very own class by simply playing through the game.”
3rd place was taken by Crooks Like Us by Out Of Tune Games from the UK: “Crooks Like Us is a chaotic online multiplayer where you get to steal everything you see! Carry as many items as you can to your getaway van before time runs out – a higher stack gets you more points. Fight your way to 1st place as you use gadgets like anvils, ice, earthquakes, and more to mess with other players!”
The GDWC team sends congratulations to the winning team and big thanks to all Nominees and voters. The weekly votes take place each week, from Monday to Monday and there are always nine new exciting games to check out and vote for. This week’s vote is already live on the event website at thegdwc.com.
This week’s nominees are:
- Blue Fire by Robi Studios (Argentina)
- Doomsday Room by Doubleton Game Studio (Canada)
- Dusk Tactics by Dusk Tactics Project (USA)
- Nine Noir Lives by Silvernode Studios (South Africa)
- Oscar & Gems: Puzzle Quest by Alex Rybalkin (Russia)
- Polychoron by FRACTiLE Games (Finland)
- Project Starship X by Panda Indie Studio (Italy)
- Rust Racers by Nethash Games (Sweden)
- TowerMancer by Digital Synapsis (Brazil)