Taipei-based indie developer Busy Toaster Games and video game publisher Leoful have released a free demo and a third big update for Georifters on Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4.
The third big update, available for free starting April 15, 2021, introduces a new Punch assistance system that makes it much easier to time and connect ground bending punches with pixel perfect accuracy, 8 new levels, and the ability to play with motion controls in the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
Starting April 15, players who wish to try out Georifters can check out the free demo on the Nintendo eShop (North America and Hong Kong) or PlayStation™Store (Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia). For Nintendo Switch owners in Europe and Australia, the free demo will be available from April 22.
Most platformer games have the player run, jump, and navigate around the platforms or under obstacles; Georifters, however, gifts the player with the ability to manipulate the platforms in a platformer! Push walls, flip the ground, punch portals, spin platforms around you, or your friends, and that’s just a few of the creative ways you can interact with this unique and strange world.
Georifters Main Features
Georifters includes a comprehensive story mode with over 6 fantastical worlds for you and a friend to team up with and complete in couch co-op. You can also enter the “Battle Arena”, a couch competitive mode, where up to 4 players on the same system can challenge each other in a variety of different levels and battle settings. Unlock heroes, mix-and-match skin parts, weapons, and upgrades as you travel through the 300+ stages the game has to offer.
- A unique ground manipulation system allows you to move the world in many ways around your enemies or yourself!
- Use your ground manipulation skills to discover and unearth hidden items and powerups!
- Unlock heroes, worlds, weapons, upgrades and more.
- Upgrade your chosen champions’ unique abilities to suit your play style using the cards & stickers perk system.
- Over 50 different costume combinations: choose how fabulous you look whilst crushing your foes.
- Grab up to four friends to team up with or against each other for fast paced ground manipulation battles.
- More a thinker than a fighter? No worries! Grab a friend for some precision ground manipulation in coop, or single player if you prefer to do everything yourself.
- 6 Unique bubble worlds, each inspired by one of the human senses.
- 7 Unique heroes, each with their own individual special way of manipulating the ground.
- Explore 6 fantastical worlds comprised of 30+ levels with 300+ stages.