The definitive edition of Playmestudio’s tech-noir thriller introduces new story content and gameplay enhancements.
The Signifier: Director’s Cut will launch on April 22 for PC and Mac via Steam, GOG.com, and Humble. Owners of the original game will receive the new content as a free update, while others can now get a taste of the experience with a demo on Steam and GOG.com. A console version will release later this year.
What’s New in the Director’s Cut:
- Expanded narrative content featuring new memories, dialogue and voice-over, three additional story endings, and a new epilogue giving greater insight to key characters and choices.
- Improved performance and experience, including better load times and frame rate, revamped animations and UI, and further optimizations for lower-end PCs.
- Bonus gameplay features, including a new difficulty setting for those purely interested in experiencing the game’s story, plus new menu tips, clues, and remappable controls.
- Free upgrade for anyone who owns The Signifier on Steam, GOG.com, or the Humble Store!
Core Features of The Signifier:
- Three coexisting dimensions to explore: reality, and the objective memories and subjective dreams in the mindscape.
- Move between realms to solve puzzles, unlock new dialog branches, and unravel the mystery.
- Learn psychological concepts to use powers and tools for navigating the strange and unpredictable unconsciousness.
- Every challenge is part of the mystery that creates unique moments with no filler.
- A multi-layered narrative that spirals into a complex web of real-world intrigue as surreal suspense.
- Get immersed in thought provoking tension, free from jump scares.
- Question the implications of AI, intrusion to the consciousness, privacy, and whether we see the world as it is or a subjective creation of our minds.