Indie dev duo ‘Melting Parrot’ have unveiled a new trailer for Dap, blending live-action footage and gameplay to create a striking teaser for their upcoming debut. Dap is a horrifying action-adventure game that’s as sweet as it is sinister, coming to PC in Q3 2021.
In Dap, players must guide a group of tiny creatures known as ‘Daps’ through a hostile and corrupted world. The more Daps they gather, the stronger the pack will become, allowing them to fight otherworldly horrors, unlock new areas, and work as a group to solve puzzles. But the sinister infection that’s taking over the forest can affect the Daps too – turning them into twisted, monstrous versions of themselves. Players must move carefully, or else risk the pack turning savagely on itself.
Dap balances responsive and fast-paced twin-stick combat with light survival and crafting mechanics to create an engrossing horror experience, with wonder – and terror – around every twisted corner.
- Recruit and protect a herd of adorable Daps, working together to battle spine-chilling creatures and solve puzzles.
- Explore a lushly atmospheric pixelated world, guiding your Daps through alien environments and alternate realities.
- Encounter otherworldly horrors and transcendent beings, slowly uncovering the truth behind the forest’s corruption.
- Scavenge and craft to survive the deadly infection.
- Grow a garden in the spirit world and tend to it between the levels.
- Dap dap!