Indie games publisher Pineapple Works announces that Oddventure, from developer Infamous Rabbit, has raised 213% of it’s funding goal on Kickstarter in 30 days. Oddventure is a lore-rich turn-based JRPG set in a cursed fairytale world. Inspired by games like Earthbound and Undertale is going to be published on Nintendo Switch and PC in Q3 2022.
Oddventure is a JRPG where you play as Charlie – a nihilistic and rebellious teenage girl with anger issues and social awkwardness. Your search for troublesome younger brother Bonzo is also looking for a way back home. The setting for Charlie’s misadventures is the Kingdom of Luxia, a land taken straight out of original Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales with a dark, Nietzschean twist.
- Meaningful choices – EVERY decision matters, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways.
- The friendly JRPG where nobody has to die… but can. In a horrible way.
- Countless hidden secrets reference to pop culture and fairy tales.
- Bitter-sweet comedy mixed with some coziness and dark humor.
- Frog milk as a currency.
- A life-changing gaming experience.
A free demo of the game is already available on the game’s Steam page.