Indie developer Midgar Studio and publisher Dear Villagers have released today the full version of their ambitious JRPG Edge of Eternity on Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG for $29,99 / £23,79 / €29,99 with a massive launch update, pushing the game’s total playtime beyond 50 hours. Midgar Studio promises plenty more updates to come, with a host of free updates slated for the coming year.
The game also comes to PS4 + 5, Xbox One + Series X and Game Pass in Q4 2021.
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield: “The Corrosion”, a dreadful, lethal disease. You control Daryon, a forlorn soldier who will risk everything and become a deserter, for the slim hope of finding a cure for a loved one.
The player will wage epic turn-based battles as they follow Daryon and his sister Selene in a quest to find this impossible cure. Only by mastering the tactical art of combat and the mystical language of crystals will the player overcome the terrible odds stacked against them.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and motivations. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from Cédric Menendez, with the contribution of Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Giant, pettable cat-mounts: Ride through Heryon with flair and gusto – on the back of a giant two-tailed cat! This trustworthy ally is not only cute but also useful, for its keen sense of smell will allow you to find many treasures hidden from plain sight.