Meridiem Games has today confirmed that the PlayStation 4 version of Song of Horror, the acclaimed horror game developed by Protocol Games and published by Raiser Games, will launch as a boxed Deluxe Edition on 20th July 2021.
A must have for any horror fan, this boxed Deluxe Edition will be available across European and Australian specialist stores and will include a special artwork sleeve, a map where players can note clues they find during the game and a character guide, explaining their abilities and relationship to the story.
About Song of Horror
Song of Horror is a cinematic third-person horror adventure focusing on a terrifying narrative inspired by the literary works of Poe, Lovecraft and M.R. James.
Famed writer Sebastian P. Husher has gone missing, along with his entire family. His editor, worried by the loss of contact, sends an assistant to Husher’s home to check on his well being. He never returns. These disappearances spark a series of terrifying events, revealing a dark entity known only as The Presence that seems to be at the centre of the horror that unfolds.
- Song of Horror offers a truly dynamic terror experience: its antagonist, the supernatural entity known only as The Presence, is controlled by an advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) that adapts to your actions and decisions.
- Experience unbearable fear as this otherworldly being responds to your way of playing and hunts you down in unexpected ways, offering a unique experience to every player and gameplay where tension builds up naturally instead of coming from scripted sequences.
- As a player, you will live this story through the eyes of a varied set of characters related to the story in their own way. Every character is different, and brings their unique point of view to the investigation, allowing them to approach clues and items differently.
- Their actions and decisions will shape the world: some of them will know more or less of certain aspects of the story; some will be more effective against supernatural manifestations, but all of them can die if the Presence gets to them – and death is permanent. If they die, you will have to pick the story up with another one, and continue the investigation so their deaths are not in vain.
- A mysterious antique shop, a forgotten abbey, an abandoned mental hospital… Each location in Song of Horror is inspired by the classics of the genre. Explore and investigate these haunted places to gather clues and items that will help you solve challenging puzzles while enduring the agonizing tension of the game’s atmosphere.
The boxed Deluxe Edition of Song of Horror will be available across European and Australian specialist stores for PlayStation 4 on 20th July and can be pre-ordered now. For more information, please visit www.meridiem-games.com/en.