Headup announced the release date for their upcoming narrative adventure Lost At Sea for next-gen consoles and PC. Fans of unique adventure games, emotional storytelling and Studio Fizbin can look forward to Lost At Sea’s launch on July 15th.
Studio Fizbin are the critically-acclaimed creators of the beloved The Inner World adventure franchise and the studio behind the 2020 IGF honorable mention Minute Of Islands
Lost At Sea is a game about universal themes like life and death, coming to terms with your past and family. Set on a beautiful island, this game will force you to face your fears and take stock of your life through imaginative minigames and a relatable story. What are the most important moments of your life, and how do you want to live it?
With Lost At Sea, the developers are taking a whole new direction: psychological aspects, first-person gameplay, free exploration and, for the first time ever in their games, an omnipresent feeling of imminent danger.
Give it a try right now, with a Steam demo available now until Sunday, June 27th.
About Lost At Sea
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
Lost At Sea tells the story of Anna, who, in the later stages of her life, has come to be alone. To live her new future, she will first have to take stock of her past. Construct her memories by finding objects and solving puzzles on a strange island, and face the question we all face eventually: “Did I do it right?”
In Lost At Sea players experience poignant moments in Anna’s life, moments that we can all relate to, moments that make us all wonder how life can suddenly take a hold of us, instead of the other way around.
Set on a mysterious island, where every biome represents a phase of life, you will explore your surroundings and solve riddles to reclaim memories. All the while your fears are chasing you, trying to trap you in your misery and prevent you from moving on. In the end, this is a game about the things you want to remember, the things you wish for and about life as a whole.
- A personal story: Experience moments from someone’s life first-hand and help the main character relive and re-assess them to move on.
- Island of the mind: Explore the different phases of life, each of them with their own beautiful biome on the island.
- Beautiful memories: Gorgeous illustrations capture the essence of the most important moments in Anna’s life, while elaborate sound design brings her deepest fears to life.
- Face your fears: Did I make the right choices? Did I fail my loved ones? As Anna, face all fears head-on, or walk away from them until you’re ready.
- Game to remember: Unlock memories with specifically designed minigames and puzzles that capture these memories in unique gameplay.