Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games, announced today that their upcoming simulation game Prison Tycoon: Under New Management will be available for Windows PC via the Steam Early Access platform on July 1, 2021. A fresh take on a beloved and long-lived genre, Prison Tycoon:Under New Management builds upon the business simulation features tycoons love with a new art style, more customizable design tools, and granular control over all aspects of their facility and staff.
First released in 2005 and spawning four top-selling sequels, Prison Tycoon: Under New Management reboots the series with a different take on what it means to be a successful warden. In the game, players will need to maintain a balance of services and security as they strive to run and grow their facility! Players will need to secure funding from state agencies, manage the flow of resources and keep staff and prisoners happy while providing proper care for their charges. Whether they are constructing a new cell block or a VR therapy room, players must maximize their investments to grow their prison efficiently.
Features of Prison Tycoon: Under New Management include:
- Five Distinct Environments: Select from tropical, tundra, taiga (boreal forest), swamp, or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges.
- Build From Your Own Blueprints: Design every room, path, checkpoint, and cell block.
- Hire Experts: Evaluate and hire staff to serve 12 different roles in running and maintaining your prison.
- Secure and Protect: Maintain a secure facility using guards, cameras, watchtowers, and checkpoints.
- Rehabilitate and Release: Evaluate prisoners, then provide the therapies that they need to be released, from the zero gravity room to VR therapy.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management will be available for PC in Early Access via Steam starting July 1, 2021. The game will be available for $29.99 USD, and until July 7, can be purchased at a $10 USD discount.