In Changes you solve puzzles by pushing cells to reshape the level and reveal latent possibilities. Each level takes place on a grid of cells which follow three rules: cells are born, die, or survive based on how many living cells neighbor them. All the puzzles emerge from these three rules, which come together to tell stories about the transformations caused by life and death. Some are tragic, others epic, and a few are pretty cute.
Each of the puzzles showcases unique and surprising aspects of the system, but they are also fun playgrounds to experiment and discover on your own. Even failure can produce beautiful results in Changes.
- Dynamic music created by your movement and the birth and death of cells.
- The undo system lets you rewind time to fix mistakes or replay a chain reaction.
- Discover how beautiful shapes emerge from simple rules across 102 levels.
- A world decorated with poems, bits of history, and developer commentary.
- No gated areas or hidden levels. The game will never hide itself from you.
- 9 exhibits which each explore themes like identity, conflict, and sacrifice.